• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supaz
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Yeah man!

50% increase in battery life rocks!...

FYI for people out there...if you have a student ID, the Apple Store (not the online version) has the discretion to provide a 30% discount!
    and if you don't live near one, the Apple Store online will provide a $30 discount. This is current as of a month ago.

$90 discount by walking in....
    let's get the word out!

Comment

• camposja
      Getting warmed up
      • Jul 2004

Re:: New ipods out monday - 4th Generation -not minis-

Sweet!!!
      iPods rule!!

Comment

• dohturdima
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Re:: New ipods out monday - 4th Generation -not minis-

Originally posted by camposja
        Sweet!!!
        iPods rule!!
        Fuck iPod. Mine crapped out after 3 months of use. I sent it in, and they did replace the battery after a month (!) because they thought my receipt was out of date for the warranty (had to go through a shitload of red tape). I got myself an iriver 120 off Ebay and am perfectly happy with it. Larger form factor (a little larger than my former iPod) but sound quality seems better, no battery issues that I know off, no iTunes shite to deal with etc etc.
        Great alternative for the regular iPod, IMO.
        Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• Hos
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Re:: New iPods out monday - 4th Generation - not minis -

Originally posted by supaz
          Originally posted by Hos
          Originally posted by ddr
          topic should be renamed. ipods are not comign out monday, the magazine is. the ipods havent even been announced yet. according to those sites it says they will be announced in august so that means they wont be out til xmas or beginning next year.

would be nice if ppl got their info right before posting a topic. =x

-ddr
          Who freakin cares about the title of this post...the whole point is to get the word out to the peeps and inform them to what is coming down the pipleline.
          i care, so i've changed it :P
          nice...so I guess I misread the article...
          according to Newsweek..."The considerably tweaked fourth-generation iPod will roll out this week, and NEWSWEEK got an advance peek."

thanks for Zinging me.

The article is also stating there is a 50% increase in battery life to 12 hours!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5457434/site/newsweek/
          get a grip! the title is misleading, the ipods are not out on monday, capiche? roll-out could mean anything...do you believe everything you read in the media?

black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• Jonathan_ATX
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Re:: New ipods on cover of Newsweek - 4th Generation -not mi

i've had the 5 gb ipod model since it first came out, and the battery lasts just as long as it used to.

maybe people just weren't taking care of theirs?

Comment

• IllGrooverseven
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

Re:: New ipods on cover of Newsweek - 4th Generation -not mi

JONATHAN!!!

Probably were not taking care of their ipods. I don't understand people that throw their electronics around
              Beer: The nectar of the gods

Comment

• supaz
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Hos
                Originally posted by Hos
                Originally posted by ddr
                topic should be renamed. ipods are not comign out monday, the magazine is. the ipods havent even been announced yet. according to those sites it says they will be announced in august so that means they wont be out til xmas or beginning next year.

-ddr
                Who freakin cares about the title of this post...the whole point is to get the word out to the peeps and inform them to what is coming down the pipleline.
                according to Newsweek..."The considerably tweaked fourth-generation iPod will roll out this week, and NEWSWEEK got an advance peek."

thanks for Zinging me.

The article is also stating there is a 50% increase in battery life to 12 hours!

get a grip! the title is misleading, the ipods are not out on monday, capiche? roll-out could mean anything...do you believe everything you read in the media?

LOL!

Let's see...your wrong on 3 counts.
                1.The ipods are available immediately starting today - MONDAY-
                2.Capiche? - sounds like you need to check your facts before zinging people.
                3.Roll-out could mean anything? well, it means they're available starting today.

So, why do you insist on changing the title of my post?

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

can your ipod do this????????

Flash Animation, Cartoons, Celebrity News, Song Parodies, Personality Quiz, Free Online Games, Movie Trailers, Humor

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate
                    anyway, i can't help that it is big like that because someone else made it for me. ill talk with him and see if he can maybe make it smaller...
                    Originally posted by MJDub
                    Dude you should change/take away your signature. It's pretty gay.
                    NEVER! It is my first true photoshop creation.

DON'T EVEN try to change your story you damn tool.
                    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Hos
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Hos
                      Originally posted by Hos
                      Originally posted by ddr

-ddr

thanks for Zinging me.

LOL!

Let's see...your wrong on 3 counts.
                      1.The ipods are available immediately starting today - MONDAY-
                      2.Capiche? - sounds like you need to check your facts before zinging people.
                      3.Roll-out could mean anything? well, it means they're available starting today.

So, why do you insist on changing the title of my post?
                      ok you win

BUT you couldn't be sure until Monday, cos there was nothing on the Apple site til then. So good call.

You have to feel for all the third party manufacturers who have spent so much money on cases etc for the 3G iPods.

In my opinion there aren't enough changes on the new one to consider upgrading.

We want decent line-in recording!
                      black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• JetaTek
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

anyway, i can't help that it is big like that because someone else made it for me. ill talk with him and see if he can maybe make it smaller...
                        Dude you should change/take away your signature. It's pretty gay.
                        NEVER! It is my first true photoshop creation.

DON'T EVEN try to change your story you damn tool.

:ROFLMAO:

Comment

Working...