X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: WTF is Grimace?

Grimmace is a rectal supository. If you cram your face with enough bigmacs, that's where grimmace's happy go lucky ass comes in. Just look at him, that smile, that shape...you're clogged up, Grimmace is there to help.

Comment

• jarble187
      vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by hambino21

What is he? Suggestions Please.
      Looks like a butt plug to me
      Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jarble187
        Looks like a butt plug to me
        By god I think you're right!

A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
          the Hamburgler would be a pimp halloween costume
          i agree

[URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• daveman
            I love the colors!!!
            • Jul 2005

- buttplug

i read this somewhere. grimace was the costume form of a milkshake. the name came from the face you made while sucking on the straw.

sounds like one of the longest going lame icons ever.
            once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

:ROFLMAO:

Comment

• hulkhuss
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

grimace is the result of eating their unhealty food!
                http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• hambino21
                  PFC Semen Ham
                  • Jul 2004

Not that wikipedia is a totally credible site or anything but I think I've found my answer. although the buttplug theory did make sense!

Grimace

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
                  For the facial expression, see [[the Wiktionary article]].

Grimace

Grimace is a fictional character who is part of the marketing campaign of McDonald's. He is a friend of Ronald McDonald and a large, jolly fellow who looks like a large purple gumdrop with small arms and legs. He is known for his smiling face and simple demeanor. His most common expression is the word "duh". Grimace's name is pronounced /ˈgɹɪməs/.
                  In the first cycle of McDonaldland commercials beginning in 1971, Grimace was the "Evil Grimace", with two pairs of arms with which to steal milkshakes. After that first campaign, the character was revised to be one of the "good guys", and his number of arms was reduced to two. Today, Grimace is generally portrayed in McDonald's commercials and merchandise as a sort of well-meaning doofus, whose clumsy antics provide a comic foil to the more serious and mature Ronald McDonald.
                  Grimace is a fantasy character, and not intended to be anything specific. However, ever since the character's introduction there has been much speculation (though much of it tongue-in-cheek) about his appearance. Because the majority of McDonald's characters more or less directly represent a food product sold at the restaurants (e.g., Mayor McCheese, Fry Guys, McNugget Buddies, etc.) many have naturally tried to guess as to what, if any, food product Grimace is supposed to represent. It is often suggested that he represents the contents of a milkshake. Grimace's "official" role, according to McDonald's, continues to be representative of the chain's milkshakes. However, he does this out of love for the taste, and not because he is in any way a shake-based creature himself. Speculation has surfaced in recent years that Grimace is in fact a mythical sort of eggplant man.
                  According to the McDonald's website:
                  ?Grimace is a big, loving, fuzzy purple fellow who is Ronald McDonald's best friend. He's sure Ronald is the world's ultimate authority on everything. While Grimace loves all McDonald's foods, he's absolutely crazy about milkshakes. Grimace is very enthusiastic and eager to try new things. His joyous spirit helps everyone overlook the fact he's a little slow and clumsy sometimes.?Grimace also has a relative, Uncle O'Grimacey, a green-colored Irish-version of himself. O'Grimacey was a holiday-themed character used by McDonald's in the 1980s in celebrating St. Patrick's Day, in particular marketing its Shamrock Shake. In Brazil, Grimace is known by the name of Shaky. A record released with Happy Meals (McLanche Feliz in Portuguese) in the early '90s featured a song about Shaky called "L? Vem o Shaky" ("Here Comes Shaky"). In the song, Shaky puts his shoes on the wrong feet, which causes a lot of confusion.
                  In the turn-of-the-millennium direct-to-video animated feature The Legend of Grimace Island, viewers learn that "Grimace" is actually the name of his species as the McDonald's gang sails to his ancestral country, currently governed by King Gonga. The islanders range in color from various shades of purple to dark blue, share the frequent use of the word "duh," wear vaguely Polynesian dress, and enjoy dancing with drum music. Centuries ago, the timid Grimaces were plagued by raiders and thus decided to cut their island loose from the ocean floor to drift away into obscurity. Nobody is permitted to visit for fear of leading thieves to the island, but apparently some inhabitants emigrated after the isolation since Grimace was able to follow a map left to him by his great-great-grandfather. The video also includes a brief live-action home movie dating to Grimace's infancy.
                  According to a line of dialogue from Clerks: The Animated Series, "Nothing can kill The Grimace." Grimace was also referenced in one episode of Family Guy when Peter Griffin referred to him as "Ronald McDonald's autistic friend" after Lois Griffin comes in the bedroom for "roleplaying night" dressed as Grimace.
                  In the UK, Grimace is no longer used in advertising or promotions. In the Province of Quebec, Canada, even though Grimace is a French word, the character is known by the name of "Grosse Douceur" which means "Big Sweet".
                  " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• jarble187
                    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by remoh

Absolutely hilarious- wondering if he is sporting that outfit at WMC. Thanks for tthe findings and reviving an old laugh Hambino!

www.kansascitytechno.com

Comment

• hambino21
                      PFC Semen Ham
                      • Jul 2004

. Anytime.
                      I bet he is sporting that down there. Idon't think he would stand out to be honest.
                      About the grimace thing, it's actually a pretty widely debated subject and I did not know that. Peeps in New York were told by Mcd's management that he is a tastebud . who'd a thunk it. One again it's been a avery boring day at work.
                      " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• zeronineteen
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

I think Grimace is the muscle of the group. If there's any problems, he takes care of them.
                        Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• jarble187
                          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                          • Sep 2004

^^^^Dont fuck with Grimace!!

www.kansascitytechno.com

Comment

• ShawnD64
                            Quickshot the Minute Man
                            • Jan 2005

explained better here... (god awful taping of it tho, all i could find)
                            [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB4TZ9xdv4I[/YOUTUBE]
                            http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                            http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                            http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• hulkhuss
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                              grimace is the result of eating their unhealty food!
                              http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• Tatanka
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by palmer
                                This thread caught me off guard for sure. HAHA

I would assume grimace symbolizes the fun involved in your McDonalds experience. I would like to hear from their people however, regarding what decisions were made to arrive at making a purple fucking gumdrop douchebag part of an otherwise sweet gang.

You cannot fuck with the hamburgler though. That dude is money. Remember when he used to talk and shit in the commercials? He's a wild motherfucker.

BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!^^^^

More importantly, how the hell does the purple bastard do the nasty??? He had to have done something after all there is teh Barney

Comment

Working...