X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pilot
    The World is my Playground
    • Jul 2004

James Zabiela this Past Friday...

I only wish that more people could have been witness to the amazing talent of Zabiela. Ive seen him before, for some reason Friday night here in Mexico City this guy put on a freaking show!!! No doubt that he can entertain. Props Z for the show!
    Bluewire Productions
  • Ikenator
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2005

Re: James Zabiela this Past Friday...

get any pics from the show?

Comment

• sakio pod
      SALAD TOSSER
      • Jun 2004

sounds like a kick ass time

Comment

• pilot
        The World is my Playground
        • Jul 2004

I will track some down....
        Bluewire Productions

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

What amazes me over and above his undeniable talent is that despite the fact that people (fans, DJs, etc) constantly praise him, he remains so humble and grounded. Thank god he hasn't gone the way of so many others that put on a decent show, get props for it, and then act like they're god's gift.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

he has got to be the most overated dj around....

Comment

• Ikenator
              Getting warmed up
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by chuckc
              he has got to be the most overated dj around....
              I keep hearing people say that about him, what makes him overrated?

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

JFC Charlie! You just had to post that? Haha, why can't people let others revel in their happiness?

Comment

• stencil_cp
                  Addiction started
                  • Aug 2005

saw him weds. such a badass. i was completely blown away by his control over all his equipment (a little crowded for dancing, sadly, so i got next to the decks and watched). he was smiling, grinning, and almost seemed embarrassed of all the cheering and attention lavished on him. that and he clearly enjoyed his work.

freakin' breath of fresh air when it comes to international stars imo

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Basically everbody in the industry makes him out to be this phenominal dj with unbelievale skills and talent. Personally, I just never really liked his taste in music...His dj skills (mixing/effects/ ect ect) are undeniably great but his taste in music I can do without...he is just overhyped by industry people....there are hundreds of unknown djs that deserve respect/praise that dont get it....zabilia gets way to much.

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stencil_cp
                      freakin' breath of fresh air when it comes to international stars imo
                      Exactly my point. I happen to enjoy the sounds he throws out there. I stood right in front while he ripped it up at the Marlin last year for the Hallucination Party. That was my first night in town down there and what a way to start it off but with Maya, Mazi, Three, Lazarus, and James. If you don't like the sounds he puts out, that's one thing. But NO ONE can deny the fact that he possesses superior control and gives off an amazing vibe. He could spin a set full of Spice Girls tracks and I'd still have a good time because he's so fun to watch and he almost forces you to enjoy yourself.

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
                        If you don't like the sounds he puts out, that's one thing. But NO ONE can deny the fact that he possesses superior control and gives off an amazing vibe. He could spin a set full of Spice Girls tracks and I'd still have a good time because he's so fun to watch and he almost forces you to enjoy yourself.
                        Will not argue that point.....I really enjoyed his set he played at proton party in 2004. That was the best sounds i have heard from him. Although, Most of his sets that i have dl recently have not really appealed to me

Comment

• influx
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

i think that his sound has gotten better lately. the skills have always been there no doubt, but i dig his tracks more now then several years ago... anyone else agree?
                          i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                          www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• fletcher
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jul 2005

I preferred his sound like 3 years ago, then went off him.. but i dig his new four.2 mixes muchly
                            http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Ikenator
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Jul 2005

I'll have to start off by saying that I really haven't been into this type of music for very long, it was about a year ago when I first got stuck in this miserable little town when a fellow stuckee and coworker turned my fixation from acidy, what I now view as crap, and onto a new, wide world of EDM. I'm still learning and still exploring all the new sounds I can, I still lean on JZ's talents. and yeah, I keep hearing everyone agree that the man has superb talent but the taste of music isn't there, his taste in music and the way he spins it is his character and is what makes him what he is... it's like writing a story with sound. not all authors write the same way, if they did all books would be boring

Comment

Working...