X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowardly dj
    ZangerBob
    • Jun 2004

I bid you all farewell

I have been watching this forum for several months off and on looking for a good topic to have one of our discussions like we used to about 2 years ago.
    It is sad to see that this forum has taken a swing to the "mainstream" so to speak.
    Ecrypt I greatly repect you and what you and the other founders have done for this board. I see that the vast majority of the people who visit this forum lately are just interested in promoting themselves or their friends and good stories and fun threads are a thing in the past. I am absolutely convinced of this after reading the responses to the thread I started last week about creation. Just 2 years ago we would have had many people bringing many things to that discussion not just a couple of teenagers ranting and making it clear that they have no idea about anything past their own bubble of life.. And If those of you who have had the patience to stick with this forum from the start just sit and think you will see what I am talking about.
    I remember this forums first birthday. I remember the set that CP made and the one that Steve James made for its birthday and I think about those who were here at that time and how much more of a family we were then. I have been absent from this forum for personal reasons for about 18-20 months, only able to visit it every few months. I used to sit at my house and think about this forum and could not wait to get a chance to visit it again. Now that I am able to visit anytime I want I find myself not interested in it like I used to be. Call me old school but I was hoping this forum was always going to be a retreat from the world when I wanted to talk to some good hearted and enjoyable people.

Any of you veterans remember my poop stories. Times like that are obvioulsly gone from here. I suppose it is time for me to move on to greener pastures. I am sure I will check back every so often and see what is going on. I will probably check back for the next few days and maybe see what kind of things I will see in response to this thread. I am sure I know what responses will be in here. It is not too hard to guess. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt it.

Any of you who have been around from the start I would like to say thanks for some really great times. I spent hundreds of hours on this forum talking to some really great people. Believe it or not but I remember the day peloquin made his first post. He was quite the post mutt at first to get his post count up. Some good times then werent they pelo. Remember beanz. Remember psynce. Beanze was a mess but his threads were always read to see what stupidity he would bring next.

jib, I had my very first taste of james zab when you sent me about 5 of your mixes with his essential mix. I still listen to "Until Dawn". It is one of my favorites. I keep it in my cd case all the time. I am sure you will do great things in the future for this music. Keep up the good work and stay dedicated to what you love.

asdf I remember when you were the copy and paste freak. I miss those.

Ecrypt, tomtom I thank you for the time you have dedicated to this forum and I will check back now and then and say hi to those who I see and recognize.

Good luck to everyone and may God find his way into your hearts.

With love for the music
    Cowardly dj
    Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: I bid you all farewell

no offense, but i think you're being a bit overdramatic.

there are as many entertaining and intelligent people on this board as there ever have been. i dont get the psychosis about message boards always being better "back in the day"

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

Cowardly. You can not blame people for not giving into your ways. That is not fair. Your are a right winged Christian loving hippie, and I still love you bro. There is no reason to go, none. How can you expect change when you are not putting change into the pot? Just does not seem like your faith my friend.

You need a swift kick in the nuts, and off you'll go. That is life Cowardly. Religion is a very difficult subject. Some respect, some hate. I know two rules in the bar, "do not talk politics, and do not talk about religion" This is a bar, whore house, and junkie corner. This is not a bible reading session kind sir.

.. and yes their are some young' ins on this board, asshats, and jerks. That is the program with any public forum. I like you Cowardly, I would like you to stay. If you must, you must, may the force be with you.

Godspeed.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

bit over the top, but good luck in all your future endeavors mate.

yes i was quite the post whore way back when ... lol

long live heysoos christo

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

peace.. attention whore IMO.. lol

Comment

• mixu
            Travel Guru Extraordinaire
            • Jun 2004

Bye
            Ask me a question...

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

not a bit over the top. those are his feelings. it is pretty tuff when you get your faith bashed.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

I agree with everything starting with post 2

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

thats true asdf, but.. this is a public forum, dont put it out there if you are going to be hurt by the results. some people are just mean and ignorant, and uninformed, but i believe thick skin is essential when trying to discuss personal views in a public forum.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                    i use to be important
                    • Jun 2004

i agree with you unome.

i do not blame people for their actions, nor do i hold them accountable for them. (in this forum) This is a "free' forum. Cowardy did a brave thing, but also a costly thing. Each time faith hits the shit fan, I get ready for a whooping. I just know people have some problems with Jesus and his divine love for people. That is life. I am also a global lover, so to me if you believe or not, does not make a difference, but it will not stop me from defending my faith and my view of life and God.
                    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                      i use to be important
                      • Jun 2004

ps. even if you use "hateful" words towards me, I will still respect and honor you. The force is strong with me.
                      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• TomTom
                        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by cowardly dj
                        Greatly lamenting in the lost intelligence of this forum..............
                        Can't agree with you here and in most of the other things you have posted as well. We are as far away from mainstream as possible because we are still independent. You will not see ads for anything else but stuff we do or feature on this site. Also, people still don't post about the mainstream DJ’s but in fact if they do, people rip them a new one.

I just think that you enjoyed this side in a time of your life which isn't the same anymore and though we all grew up with the site and changed for sure and some members are not online 24/7 anymore, we have still more than enough die hard posters which is awesome. Also, since the board is called Mercuryserver again and is less confusing than a tax declaration, a lot of the old vibe has come back but that’s just my subjective impression. I also think that we still have enough odd and funny postings...just look around and you will find topics about people taping their cats while chasing a mouse...Jamie asking which nasty outfit to choose, miketpoto telling weird big city stories and other topics which are beyond being "offtopic".

I mean this in the most positive way because I have yet to see another Forum where banter and bullshitting is celebrated as much as here so I just think that you were long "outside" of the community and maybe have to try harder to get back into. People on the internet tend to forget fast.

Comment

• bart_smastard
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2005

I know we have had our differences but i did enjoy reading your posts , even though we havn't seen eye to eye on any subject it will be a shame to see u leave

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cowardly dj
                            Any of you veterans remember my poop stories. Times like that are obvioulsly gone from here.
                            What are you talking about?

Anyone ever try any of these Russell Stover "Net Carb Gummi Bears?" Holyfuckingmoses does those things pack a punch. For those of you unfamiliar with these little treats, they are made with a sugar substitute, the excess consumption of which "may have a laxative effect." I'm here to tell you that: 1. It

Hey man, if you want to go, go. Always sorry to see anyone bail out, but that's your choice. If it's just because people aren't embracing the bible thumping, though, I might note that there are plenty of forums out there with people that love to discuss that and who will agree with you most heartily. This is a discussion forum, though, and if you choose to introduce topics on which people have divergent viewpoints, you're going to have to expect that not everyone is going to agree with you, and people also have different ways of expressing that disagreement. It frankly wouldn't be much fun to sit around and agree with each other all the time anyway. No need to take it personally.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Kinetic
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                              Can't agree with you here and in most of the other things you have posted as well. We are as far away from mainstream as possible because we are still independent. You will not see ads for anything else but stuff we do or feature on this site. Also, people still don't post about the mainstream DJ?s but in fact if they do, people rip them a new one.

I just think that you enjoyed this side in a time of your life which isn't the same anymore and though we all grew up with the site and changed for sure and some members are not online 24/7 anymore, we have still more than enough die hard posters which is awesome. Also, since the board is called Mercuryserver again and is less confusing than a tax declaration, a lot of the old vibe has come back but that?s just my subjective impression. I also think that we still have enough odd and funny postings...just look around and you will find topics about people taping their cats while chasing a mouse...Jamie asking which nasty outfit to choose, miketpoto telling weird big city stories and other topics which are beyond being "offtopic".

I mean this in the most positive way because I have yet to see another Forum where banter and bullshitting is celebrated as much as here so I just think that you were long "outside" of the community and maybe have to try harder to get back into. People on the internet tend to forget fast.
                              Ditto.

I?m not much of a big poster, but I?ve been here for quite some time, I was regularly on [MS] v1 (under a different alias), and ever since the change, this board as been at it?s best in a long time.

There?s a bunch of forums I used to visit and believe me, compared to those, MS is probably the only board I keep visiting and that seems to have stayed truer to what it set out to be.

It?s still very much a very respectful and civil place and in fact, the only other board like that which I keep visiting is the Ableton forum (and that one doesn?t even have moderators!).

So I wonder, maybe it?s you who have changed the most?

Oh and no offense, but I?ve always found these "I?m going away" post a bit pathetic, because most of the time they seem like people are begging for attention.
                              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

Working...