X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Why give a window?

So here I sit, my day wasting away. For those that don't know, my wife and I moved into our new house about a month ago and every week we've had something delivered, installed, serviced, etc. so I've had to be confined to the house for the specified timeframe that the respective companies dictate.

Today is no different. We're supposed to get our landline phone hooked up today and the time window was 9am (EST) - 11am (EST) and just like almost every other timeframe I've been give (by furniture people, appliance people, flooring people, etc) they've missed it. It's now 11:05am (EST) and I've not heard from them.

The ones that have actually adhered to the window do-so during the last 5 minutes, so that instead of being confined to the house for 4 hours, I'm here for 5 hours while they do their work. With the flooring people I was here for 6 hours because, much to my surprise, they have to actually use a saw to cut out defective pieces of wood flooring.

Is customer service, or service in general, as bad across the rest of the country/world as it is in this area? Seriously, I was greeted with a smile and a "sorry for your wait" the other day at the store because I was in line for about 2 minutes and I thought hell had frozen over. The store is on the complete opposite side of the city but I see myself going back because they were so friendly.

</rant>
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Re: Why give a window?

It&#180;s the same everywhere...when my last kitchen and other furniture arrived, they came 4 hours later (as if I don't work) and had no fridge with them so the whole kitchen was useless and they had to bring it on another day...they suggested next week but I complained and cursed them till they called their boss and told me they return the next day but they were again an hour late...suckers.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

be glad it isnt a NYC based union. they'd show up 5 minutes after the window, look at your wall, say they need a supervisor and more tools, they'd hang around for 3 hours waiting on the super, realize they never called him, call him, find out he went home already and tell you they are coming back tomorrow.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• miketpoto
        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
        • Jan 2005

in NYC we get either end of both extremes. Sometimes people are so nice that I wonder how they aren't horrified by simply being in Manahattan (they seem too innocent). Then there is the GHETTO gold tooth McDonalds red carpet treatment. That is something else entirely. Although I have smoked weed with 2 cable guys incidentally.

Comment

• asdf_admin
          i use to be important
          • Jun 2004

Bif.
          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

my cable guy was here within the first 45 minutes of the window.
            i was happy.
            ska, you and the Mrs. should order a stripping maid service, then it wouldnt be so bad sitting around the lavish new house.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
              Bif.
              Bitch!
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

i always think about my time. sometimes i bill myself to see how much time i wasted on a matter i have no control over. when you are self employed ... it can make matter changes. time is money. i know you are at home castrating the nugger. but you may want to take that approach and see if you come back.

xoxoxoxo.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• demonAfro
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

I was waiting for a table last week, and they were instructed to come sometime after 2:30. So I get home at 2:20 as usual and think, sure, I must be able to squeeze a quick shower in before the people arrive. Then five minutes later I'm stood instucting them where to put it soaking wet in my towel, grr.

I reckon the smaller companies will pay more attention to good customer service as they rely on loyalty a lot more. Always pick your vendors wisely.

Comment

• remoh
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

i hate having to wait around for those fuckers..like i have nothing else to do..the worst is when they come and suposedly they fixed whatever it is that is broken, then they leave and the dangged thing doesn't work. al the outlets in the kitchen aren't working, they've been out twice and twice they've been fixed..well i cant use my fucking george foreman grill. last steak i had was griled in the living room!!!
                    [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                    |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• MJ
                      Here since 2002
                      • Jun 2004

The biggest window the company I just bought a cot from could give me was one whole fucking day... they couldn`t give me any time during that day at all.. just that it would be on that day.

So i though I`d have a lazy bed in the moring thinking they`d surely not come till at least after miday.

Nope, 8 fucking am they arrived! Wankers.

I`ve got a pram coming from the same company next week.
                      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                        Not cool enough
                        • Jun 2004

the cable appointments are always between 9 Am and 6PM. WOW that really tells you a lot doesn't it. Fuckheads.
                        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                          Not cool enough
                          • Jun 2004

You know they are not THAT busy.

Customer Service has gone straight downhill. And unfortunately most companies don't care anymore. And THAT will be their downfall.

Sorry to hear about what has been happening to you Ska. No one deserves to have to wait like that.
                          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• MJ
                            Here since 2002
                            • Jun 2004

....and further more, the companies disrtribution depot is 1 single mile from my house!

No more questions you honour.
                            mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• clintlove
                              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                              • Jun 2004

I'm supposed to get cable tv today. When I first called, the first appointment they could give me was in a month. That's right, a month. So they were nice enough to try and slide me in today, so I could watch the game this weekend. So I sit in bed with my laptop waiting. I have no window, it's an all day appointment. I'll be trashed by the time they get here.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...