• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LV-8
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

So you think Steve Porter is da man???

Well guess what? He is! You know why??

I just listened to his new tracks. 2 of them completely blew me away.

1) Purina

2) Square Dancing

All I have to say is OMFG!!!

These tracks are complete floorkillers. No doubt the best productions he's made ever. I'm willing to debate that with anyone.

They have that Porter signature sound but these are def. those 5 am prime time tracks. Buy these records!!!

Anyone else here these tracks??
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

That whole ep is pretty fucking tasty. Most of waht Porter is putting out is top notch. IMO

Beat n Potatoes is my fave.

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

Re:: So you think Steve Porter is da man???

Porter is a top notch dj and an awesome producer. His dj sets always surprise me in how house driven they are. His productions are so diverse I wonder if Porter is capable of producing any genre of music.

The Homegrown EP is pure quality! Oh yeah he is a very, very, nice guy. He gave me his copy of Deported when he was in MPLS a few years back! Awesome awesome awesome!

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
        Porter is a top notch dj and an awesome producer. His dj sets always surprise me in how house driven they are. His productions are so diverse I wonder if Porter is capable of producing any genre of music.

The Homegrown EP is pure quality! Oh yeah he is a very, very, nice guy. He gave me his copy of Deported when he was in MPLS a few years back! Awesome awesome awesome!
        Ahhh, Deported. such a sweet track

Comment

• Pataky P
          asdf_imo
          • Jun 2004

He is a DJ!No?
          I think,he is a great Dj!!i love him!

Comment

• LV-8
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Pataky P?l
            He is a DJ!No?
            I think,he is a great Dj!!i love him!
            Pataky always amazes me with his posts.

Comment

• darin epsilon
              Gold Gabber
              • Jul 2004

Hey Mercuryserver addicts, just to fill you in:

This Tuesday, July 20th, 2004 (or 20 July 2004 for all you fancy European folk :wink: )
              Exclusive DJ mix by Steve Porter on Midwestravers.com Radio
              7 pm - 8 pm Resident DJ mix
              8 pm - 9 pm Guest DJ mix: Steve Porter
              Previous guest mixes by Piece Process and Chris Micali

You need Winamp to stream the mix.

Steve Porter - Bedrock/Fade Records

?So Fresh, So Clean? could be the perfect title for Steve Porter. It can easily describe his personality, his look and more importantly his music. 2003 was another banner year for the boy wonder with his big time single ?Definite Form? and his now classic remix of Amber's ?Anyway?. Adding to that his underground side projects Agent 001, HDF & Bons and his looming artist album, his music sees huge support across the spectrum of DJs from Sasha & John Digweed to Carl Cox to Mark Farina and Derek Carter.

Something of a child prodigy from a famous father, but his first love & choice was always music. Discovering electronic sounds at 16 years old, Steve dove deeply into it all. Along with his mother, he loaded on decks and studio gear to start learning the art of DJing and productions. When some tracks fell into Chris Fortier's hands, it really started moving. Support quickly followed from so many of Steve's DJ heroes. Many labels from around the globe took notice of Steve's talent and the remix offers started pouring in with most recently the next single from Iio called ?Smooth?.

Steve has now made a huge mark with his techno edged house productions. His studio work was only one facet of Steve's two prong attack. His DJing is where he really rocks the funky beats. His move to New York City from Boston has only put more fuel to the fire. Along with dates across the country and tours with Sasha (Airdrawndagger Tour), Sander Kleinenberg (Essential Mix Tour) and Chris Fortier, Steve is in demand from Tokyo to Tampa. With over 20 remixes to his credit, his Agent 001 & HDF & Bons projects busting down doors, he is leading way for the next wave of America's future stars.
              Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

hes the man

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

Ya just saw him two weeks ago with sasha. Lit the house on fire with some crazy tracks i never heard of before. He is coming to windsor in Aug. can't wait to see him again..

Comment

• DJB
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

He played a set in a very small venue and destroyed the floor a couple of months back. Yes this guy is outstanding!!!
                    DJB

Comment

• Johnnyboy
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Steve Porter is the man... I am lucky I get to see him every few weeks at Rise in Boston... He kills it ALL THE TIME!!!
                      Remember: You are never more than six days away from FRIDAY!!!

Comment

• Yao
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

He's way on the lead in my record-bag, I still think his remix of Roland Klinkenberg's Inner Laugh is one of the best tracks ever made. I have it double.
                        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• buckman
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

yeah porter is da man no doubt absolutley love his mixes and his production.anyone in the boston area come to avalon this friday night.he'll be spinning with eli wilkie.when these two get together its always a great time out.also stay late for steve gerrard at rise.this up coming weekend is gonna be great for boston.
                          " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                          All That I See
                          Absolute Horror
                          I Cannot Live
                          I Cannot Die
                          Trapped In Myself
                          Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• mthornto88
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jun 2004

Porter is definitely the man.. He will be playing at Avalon here in Boston this Friday July 23rd.. I can't wait to my ass off.. Should be a great time.. About time Steve gets the big stage..

Comment

• peloquin
                              Till I Come!
                              • Jun 2004

porter kicks ass, shame that balance rumour wasnt true

Comment

Working...