G
So what's with all the <insert concept i can't understand here>?
Collapse
X
-
So what's with all the <insert concept i can't understand here>?
I personally can't stand this form of EDM...what a lack of feeling...I feel like I time warped back to the 80's...so in an effort to understand it, what is it about electro that has everyone jumping on the bandwagon? Why has it blown up so much? I'd like someone to explain to me why so many people like it. Please help me understand...I just don't get it, or feel it, or like it, or agree with it...I know music progresses, but this is actually a regression back to simplicity, non-complexity, and out and out bad music...Not to be sarcastic or anything, but I would rather listen to AM talk radio than this...please help me see the light so I can understand it better...
GLast edited by skahound; October 24, 2005, 12:44:06 PM.Glenn Okada (www.glennokada.com)
"...without struggle, there is no progress."
Tags: None -
Re: So what's with all the electro?
I blame it on Felix Da Housecat
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: So what's with all the electro?
I personally think it's skahound's fault. it all started getting electro-ish when he got enganged to his wife... before that we never had to deal with this electro bullshit.Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
electro is a lot different than it was in the 80's. the purists wouldn't even call what you're talking about electro. and i'm not that big of a fan of the old style electro, some of the new stuff has progressed far beyond what electro used to be.Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
I think simplicity may be part of the appeal, but also the tripped out sounds
that remind me a lot of the old acid house synths. After all it is all audio
frequencies and certain ones have certain reactions on people. Furthermore,
what could be called collectively tech electro house music is not all
Alter Ego and Tiefschwarz(sp?) it has turned a lot of my friends on the
more Zabiela like minimal tech as heard on some his 4 part comp.
Dancefloor freaks love cracked out sound when they are on their meds...
so to speak. Just wait, minimal tech stuff like Martinez and Joel Mull
will only get more popular as top shelf DJ's work them into their sets.
The distance seperating Autechre(sp?) and Mandy vs Booka Shade
is getting smaller everyday but that why there is also Alican/Sonar
Cattaneo and VSag to balance things out.
Originally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
I blame it on the boogy.Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
so go pick your nosewww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
Done.. want a chew?Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
not after its been through that mouth
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
8 billion other topics on the same subject. Before you go throwing the term 'electro' around, why don't you do your research to find out what 'electro' really is. Then come back and we'll have a discussion. Although, I don't think there will be anything to discuss anymore.A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
Oh please not this again...
Comment
-
Re: So what's with all the electro?
Personally it is getting harder and harder to find a dj that plays a complete set of quality track after quality track...of any genre. A set will sound good then it ususally will taper off....Or there will be a good track and then a bad track.
Seems like the production has taken a step back the last year year and a half.....there still good tracks but many more poor tracks than quality tracks.
Comment
-
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment