X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FASSTEDDIE
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Baby Anne

Well i did not see the post i made so if its here sorry for the second one Any way went to see BabyAnne. at the Amphitheater Ybor City,tampa ,fl this was one hell of a show. yes thats if your in to break beats witch i like all kinds of music and the amp is getting like a Las Vegas show bar. Just wish the could fix tha A/C but i guess wend theres over 3000 peps in the club kind of hard to kool it down.
    Enjoy Life as you only Live Once So enjoy it :WinkNSmile:
  • progressive420
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Baby Anne aka Icey's whore suck ass.
    no offense dude, but flordia breaks suck sooooo bad.
    thats all they fucking play where i live.
    i hate this fuckin shit
    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progressive420
      i hate this fuckin shit
      well put!
      I wouldnt have given a squirt of piss to go see her. As I said in another thread, shows you how fucked up Tampa is when she can pack a club, and at midnight when Sasha is there, they are practically giving tickets away.
      And the Amphitheater hardly holds 3000 people, 1000-1200 tops lol.

Comment

• darin epsilon
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

Re:: Baby Anne

Urggh Florida Breaks. Progressive Breaks is where it's at!!
        Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

i saw icey last year in dallas and it was actually a very very good set. can't really stand florida breaks either though... i think this one time was an exception, otherwise it sounds to close to a rap/hiphop beat for me

at least you enjoyed it though... thats really all that matters.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Trancelucent One
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Re: Baby Anne

Originally posted by FASSTEDDIE
            Well i did not see the post i made so if its here sorry for the second one Any way went to see BabyAnne. at the Amphitheater Ybor City,tampa ,fl this was one hell of a show. yes thats if your in to break beats witch i like all kinds of music and the amp is getting like a Las Vegas show bar. Just wish the could fix tha A/C but i guess wend theres over 3000 peps in the club kind of hard to kool it down.
            I understand that you enjoy all kinds of music...however, I cannot understand how you can appreciate one ounce of that shit music. Most of the people that I've come across who like her and Icey's music lack intelligence about what real music is. I understand that differences in opinions makes the world go round, but I have no clue how someone can appreciate both prog and fl breaks. Most of the people at these shows are scantily clad women and letter wearing guys who are there b/c they're frat/sorority's giving them extra points for going or whatever. I can only speak from experience though, I used to be friends with a girl who couldn't get enough of florida breaks. Her and all her friends would get dressed up and go out in hopes of meeting some hot guys...it was rarely b/c she actually knew what the popular songs were or what-not. Plus her sorority sisters were there...yay! It's just sad!!
            ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

icey still plays ferry corsten - punk... it all sounds the same to me.. not a big fan

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Re: Baby Anne

Originally posted by Trancelucent One
                Originally posted by FASSTEDDIE
                I understand that you enjoy all kinds of music...however, I cannot understand how you can appreciate one ounce of that shit music. Most of the people that I've come across who like her and Icey's music lack intelligence about what real music is. I understand that differences in opinions makes the world go round, but I have no clue how someone can appreciate both prog and fl breaks. Most of the people at these shows are scantily clad women and letter wearing guys who are there b/c they're frat/sorority's giving them extra points for going or whatever. I can only speak from experience though, I used to be friends with a girl who couldn't get enough of florida breaks. Her and all her friends would get dressed up and go out in hopes of meeting some hot guys...it was rarely b/c she actually knew what the popular songs were or what-not. Plus her sorority sisters were there...yay! It's just sad!!
                indeed, opinions do make the world go round, don't they? :wink:

not a greek fan, eh?
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

whats sad is both Icey (#20) and Baby Anne (#35) are ranked as high as they are. www.thedjlist.com
                  But at the end of the day, those rankings are about as useful as FIFA rankings. I mean Tiesto and PVD are one and two for fucks sake

Comment

• deeprogressions
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progressive420
                    Got to agree, I've found the same to be true around here.

Hey I won't lie I've seen both Dj's even enjoyed shows by them (years ago while under the influence of a veritable cornacopia of pills, powders, and liquids) but now just the thought of watching/hearing them makes me want to jam a stylus through my ear drums to save myself from true pain. If someone enjoys listening to that shit more power to them but as for me I'm a good boy and just say no. I would kill to see some more progressive played in my area but apparently were short on people with good taste.

Comment

• FASSTEDDIE
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

well like i said i thought the show was good and tha i liked all kinds of music, ireallywenttheretoseeherwithmysonhelovesbreakbeats,ok and as far as how maney fit in the club i have no clue they said it was 3000 peps ok i guess there wrong,but i can say it was a lot more peps there then wend Sasa was there, My self i like club space in miami.But you can't compare the clubs.Had fun thats what counts :Bounce O and bye the way i see that DJ Ti?sto is rated with the most points and digweeds at eight place
                      Enjoy Life as you only Live Once So enjoy it :WinkNSmile:

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by deeprogressions
                        Would kill to see some more progressive played in my area.
                        do you think people would go if there were more prog artists booked in your area?
                        I ask this, because I feel the same about Tampa. People that are used to a certain type of music, dont know they will like other styles until they give it a chance.

Comment

• DJB
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

I was at the show as well..It was my friends b-day and she really loves Amphitheater so we went and just by coincidence Baby Anne was spinning. It was packed and hot as hell but thank god we had a table up in VIP. Baby Anne did not go on until 1:30 AM and not sure who was the warm up. First of all, what the hell, the headlining DJ only plays a 1 1/2 hour set (Closed at 3:00AM) Actually a good thing.
                          Well, we got there at about midnight and the warmup dj was playing Florida breaks. Then Baby Anne came on and was basically playing the same crap. I just dont get how so many floridians can be into this type of music, maybe they just hear it different than me, but I was not into it at all. It was 3 hours of agony and I was very happy to be leaving finally. At some points the bass was so agonizing it was giving me a headache. Nothing like long sloppy boomy bass pounding your head for 3 hours.
                          It really was a waste and I will NEVER see her spin again. I know there are some who are into this music, which is great for them....but its definitely not for me as well as my friends. I did ask one of the employees about bringing in some real talent, and he told me they were negociated with Digweeds manager and trying to get him.
                          DJB

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
                            Originally posted by deeprogressions
                            Would kill to see some more progressive played in my area.
                            do you think people would go if there were more prog artists booked in your area?
                            I ask this, because I feel the same about Tampa. People that are used to a certain type of music, dont know they will like other styles until they give it a chance.
                            I can attest that Tampa will *not* come out. Spundae teamed up with Twilight about a year and a half ago. They brought JVM, slacker, and a few others and NO ONE came out. I was there for JVM and slacker both and the club was empty. It was very very sad! I agree that the people in Tampa have no clue what real music is all about!
                            ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• Balanc3
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

And he has the nerve to compare Tiesto to Digweed... omg can someone say marketting whore. Yeah I wonder why Tiesto is ahead of Digweed in the charts... same reason Oakey was for so long. Anyone actually hear Tiestos new mix? He plays the same tracks he has for 2yrs now since Nyana and his productions are cheese (for the frat boys :wink and the guy is an asshole. At least Digweed will stay after a show and shake hands with everyone. And wtf you doin.. goin the the club with your kid.
                              JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

Working...