Steve James & Garrick Ulrich in Pensacola, FL (Nov 12)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Steve James & Garrick Ulrich in Pensacola, FL (Nov 12)

well....?

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

i hate being at work right now... was well worth it though.

started off with us getting to kevin's house and eating some good ol' bbq and setting up equipment. the dj booth was fucking ROCK SOLID. well build, haf. you and your boy did a great job with "the alter". we had sound problems (sorry guys, we couldn't record like we originally wanted) until about 12:30 at which point we finally fixed and Hafid hopped on the decks and played a very good set. he used almost all vinyl too, which was nice to see. those pensicola boys still use a lot of vinyl. impressive! around 1:30, i hopped on and played for about an hour and started off with some chunky, techy stuff and then let steve hop on for about an hour and let him rip it wide open. he also played some chunky dirty beats that had the place bumpin up and down. after his hour, i went back on for about 90 minutes and worked into some of the more typical "me" sound. the atmosphere at 3:30am was even crazier than it was at 1am. the house was packed, the front yard was packed and the patio was packed and people were dancing the ir fucking asses off! fuck man, the roof was even packed.

but that was nothing........ steve hopped on again after me and the machine (as i will now refer to him) played for another 3.5 hours until it was solid daylight outside. as the night wore on, he got sweatier, drunker and paler. he looked like casper when he finally got off around 8:30am and i went back on for another hour after that to wrap things up and give my boy "the machine" a break....... yes, people were still dancing until we left. who knows if it is still going on

overall great time and great people. thanks again haf, for your hospitality and for a great time. p-cola is on my map to visit again.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

nice review garrick.
        my brain is still a little skewered after that party...
        hafid atzel.. the host with the most! had a fuckin blast man, and cant wait to come back.
        those pensacola boys are some weathered partiers. felt right at home there.

shame we couldnt record, but i assure everyone we made every possible effort.
        we couldnt get a good signal on the pc and when we tried the mac, the levels we're severely unbalanced bu by then we had been at it for 2 hours and said fuck it, the party must start. and so it began....

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

nice work boys...wish i were there ..sounds like a great party was had!!!
          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• megan love
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jan 2005

Hey hey, guys!!

Just wanted to drop in say THANK YOU for coming and spending the weekend with us! It was really great to meet all of you, and everyone laid it down that night. Not many people can just jump into our crowd over at K-Rock's but you guys fit right in!

I'm really sorry that I left without properly saying goodbye. I planned on coming back later, but I just wasn't up for it. Hafid can tell you ... normally I'm much more of a tropper. I wish I had gotten my game face on like most everyone else, but I probably would've been there until Monday if I did that. haha.

Garrick, Ken, Steve ... it was really nice to meet all of you and I hope that you can all make it back very soon. I think Hafid's already working on that.

much love!

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

hi megan. pleasure meeting you as well. we met so many people its hard to remember them all. i remember running in to you at some point that night, maybe somewhere during the beer to vodka upgrade? i dunno for sure. kevin was great. feeding us that awesome bbq before the music got rolling. helping with any audio problems we had. he spent nearly an hour under the entertainment center fixing wires. amazing hospitality in penscola. honestly still buzzing from the vibe of that party this far in the week and really cant wait to make it back up there.

Comment

• dante_k
                Addiction started
                • Aug 2005

Yeh, Megan I think I have a rain check on that message! Just JKing! It was great to meet you also. Too bad you dissapeared early on. Thanks again for running out for my smokes! You saved my night! See you soon...........Ken

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

pictures kenneth. pictures!

Comment

• dante_k
                    Addiction started
                    • Aug 2005

There coming Stevo, cool your jets buddy. Getting them to you this afternoon sometime.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

sweet. look forward to some of them

Comment

Working...