Should the Death Penalty be Televised?!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • srbbnd
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2005

Should the Death Penalty be Televised?!?

Have a paper due and would love a little commentary. Assignment is if the death penalty should be televised. I personaly don't believe in the death penalty, but if it is legal I believe the press should have a right to cover and televise it. Maybe that would actually deter the death penalty if people could see the actual killing of people. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Should the Death Penalty be Televised?!?

yes

on NBC

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

fuck no. it'd be tasteless and sensationalized. people about to be executed have a right to die with at least SOME dignity.

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

even child rapist / murderers? i disagree.
        these scumbags deserve to die with their face stuffed in shit

Comment

• dig72
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2004

The reason why they don't televise executions is because the government is totally ashamed of this practice and doesn't have the spine in showing the public, just how barbaric and discraceful this type of punishment actually is.

Murder is murder no matter who pulls the lever, switch ect, ect.

It's just as retarded as the war on terror.
          “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
          Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

"When I think of network TV and suicide, I think of Fox"

-George Carlin

After hearing him preach about it in Vegas 2 months ago, I think suicide would be the ultimate reality TV show. Find all the people that are dying/unhappy with their life, then add all the murders and rapists that have life in prision, and let them all kill themselves the most creative ways possible. You're bound to make a 1-hour sitcom out of that, and people would be compelled people to watch it

Comment

• Jibgolly
              Vortexuralizor
              • Jun 2004

george carlin is a genious.

Comment

• sakio pod
                SALAD TOSSER
                • Jun 2004

i wanna see'em fry

Comment

• cowardly dj
                  ZangerBob
                  • Jun 2004

I think executions should be shown in school starting at about the third or fourth grade when kids start to think they wear the big boy pants and shown every year until they graduate. Maybe then it would deter them from commiting crimes. Then perhaps we would not have 16 year old misfit children killing women and carving gothic symbols in there back like this dude I am heraing about in the news today.

somewhat off subject but I have seen on discovery about how there have been people on death row from way back in the day who through new technology (mostly DNA stuff) have been found to not be guilty of the crime that put them on death row. Think about how many people have been killed who might have actually been innocent.
                  Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• day_for_night
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                    even child rapist / murderers? i disagree.
                    these scumbags deserve to die with their face stuffed in shit
                    you think all people executed are GUILTY? wrong...

ohh, and violence begets violence. you show little kids actual people dying for real (read: not in a movie where they know its fake) and you're gonna desenstize them to violence. just look at the islamic countries where executions are public events held in packed soccer stadiums...those kids are screwed up day 1.

Comment

• cowardly dj
                      ZangerBob
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night

ohh, and violence begets violence. you show little kids actual people dying for real (read: not in a movie where they know its fake) and you're gonna desenstize them to violence. just look at the islamic countries where executions are public events held in packed soccer stadiums...those kids are screwed up day 1.
                      I am not too sure I would credit public executions for their problems. I think just the fear of going to the store and being blown up by a suicide bomber, being shot by a stray bullet as people battle over whose land belongs to who may have a bit more to do with it than just public executions

but that is just my opinion
                      Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                        Vortexuralizor
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night

yes yes. murder = murder. violence begets violence.

take off those girly t-back panties and put on some mans underwear!

No, i do not think every person on death row is guilty. but i'd be willing to bet my testicles and underwear that 99% of them are. and i'd have no problem tuning in to see that piece of shit who raped and killed and raped again this girl in Florida last year. fucking scum deserves fucking death. public or not. i think we all know it'll never be on tv, but be sure if there was a vote on it, i'd be pro.

Comment

• srbbnd
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2005

I like it picklemonkey. I might even have to use that as quote .
                          www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• day_for_night
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                            yes yes. murder = murder. violence begets violence.

take off those girly t-back panties and put on some mans underwear!

No, i do not think every person on death row is guilty. but i'd be willing to bet my testicles and underwear that 99% of them are. and i'd have no problem tuning in to see that piece of shit who raped and killed and raped again this girl in Florida last year. fucking scum deserves fucking death. public or not. i think we all know it'll never be on tv, but be sure if there was a vote on it, i'd be pro.
                            just cause you want to get your rocks off watching some murderer die isnt a valid reason for why they should allow public executions.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                              Vortexuralizor
                              • Jun 2004

note: i said "bet" my testicles. not pet.
                              silly canadian.

Comment

Working...