X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bart_smastard
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2005

Volume normalizers for MP3/WAV

Just thought id'e ask you guys if you know any good mp3 doctor programmes . Only one i got takes ages to process files ( it almost takes the same amount of time as realtime . 50 mins to normalize 70 mins of music ) those who don't know what i'm talking about , it's a programme that puts all mp3's on same recording level and biterate . a good free one would be nice but if anyone knows a good quick licensed one i would greatly appreciate it
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Volume normalizers for MP3/WAV

what are you using? i use soundforge.. takes about 5 or so minutes to normalise a 70 minute set.

Comment

• bart_smastard
      Gold Gabber
      • May 2005

gimme a link .. been using mp3 doctor for ages had the programme 3 years but i got alot of work to do . hence the reason i'm asking

Comment

• bart_smastard
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2005

unome . i just looked up soundforge. $300 for not having to touch the volume control is a lil steep

Comment

• J-Shock
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Bart, i can get u soundforge if u want it
          Peace
          J-Shock

Comment

• bart_smastard
            Gold Gabber
            • May 2005

someone has sent me a copy of soundforge . but thanks anyway j-shock i'll take u off ban and put u back on list for the offer though ( refering to slsk )

Comment

• J-Shock
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bart_smastard
              someone has sent me a copy of soundforge . but thanks anyway j-shock i'll take u off ban and put u back on list for the offer though ( refering to slsk )

Thanks but i wasnt doing it for that. I had just seen it on a torrent site i was browsing, thats why.
              Peace
              J-Shock

Comment

• Kobe
                I wish I had an interesting User title
                • Jun 2004

I need the damn mp3 plugin for soundforge, every time I want to edit a set I have to convert it to .wav, the last one I did worked out to 1.3gb which just takes forever.
                Beats are my crack.

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

bart - look into getting an older sound forge, like vol 6 or 7... when 7 came out, i bought 6 for $50. it may be even cheaper now that sound forge is up to 8 or 9. i still use 6 and it works fine.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• demonAfro
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

audacity is $300 cheaper then soundforge, however if you just want to have all your music play at the same volume you shold look into using replaygain. foobar2000 adds a tag to your music so everything plays at the same volume

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

another thing you could get for free is a Winamp plugin for normalizing audio..... here's one I found during a quick search

What's next! Winamp builds the tools that allow artists to manage their music and their revenue. And develops the player that offers the perfect experience.

unless you want a normalizer to burn cd's, you can just skip my recommendation
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• FM
                        Wooooooo!
                        • Jun 2004

MP3Gain
                        MP3Gain - A free automatic mp3 volume normalizer

" MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many normalizers do. Instead, it does some statistical analysis to determine how loud the file actually sounds to the human ear. Also, the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no quality lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file directly, without decoding and re-encoding."

Quick, easy, simple...

PS - Don't start doing bitrate re-encodings...you'll lose even more quality in sound..if you have stuff that's 160, 192, VBR, etc. all around, keep it that way...or go grab it again at a different rate.
                        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                        Facebook!
                        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• thezzapper
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FM
                          MP3Gain
                          MP3Gain - A free automatic mp3 volume normalizer

" MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many normalizers do. Instead, it does some statistical analysis to determine how loud the file actually sounds to the human ear. Also, the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no quality lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file directly, without decoding and re-encoding."

Quick, easy, simple...

PS - Don't start doing bitrate re-encodings...you'll lose even more quality in sound..if you have stuff that's 160, 192, VBR, etc. all around, keep it that way...or go grab it again at a different rate.
                          yup! & it is totally free. also, if you don't like the way a file sounds after you normalize, a cinch to change it back & try again.
                          sigpic

Comment

• bart_smastard
                            Gold Gabber
                            • May 2005

I realy appreciate the info guys . Iv'e now got SF6 and if it works a treat i'll buy it , but i'll look into replaygain.foobar2000 aswell . i try to stay away from winamp because my mouse came with a programme that allows it to be used as a remote control for all my music and films ( it's a crappy media player but a nice mouse and a handy thing to have) . Once again thanks guys

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

damn just snagged that MP3Gain.... looks pretty good
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                              Originally posted by ace_dl
                              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

Working...