X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: rearing protection for djs

i've had my sony 700's for two or three years now. And have not had one problem with them. Though I do take extremely good care of them. I just know something that cost me $100 had better last a long time.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Same here, but Im still on their little bro's, the v500 (I have a small head, and these fit like a glove, opposed to the 700's).

I'm very interested in in-ear HP's, like the Etymotics or the Shures, but I'm not sure about their convenience while dj-ing: I tend to put the right cup on and off my ear, don't know if that would damage in-ear HP's, that switching all the time. I'm not really a fan of mixing over my HP's only...
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• geoffgulley
        Platinum Poster
        • Apr 2005

I just do not see how the V700's could last past 6 months if you incased them in lead and took them to gigs...... I've had 3 pairs crack where the swivel point meets the hinge and I can't see how, if you even dj twice a month, this doesn't happen.... It's a serious design flaw and the single thing that will keep me from ever buying these again. And that's aside from not being able to replace the ear pads..... I'm not being a Sony basher but for someone who dj's for a living these are not practical whatsoever. Look like they're German, sound like they're German, built like..... well.....somewhere south of Texas.
        "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• 3d_1200
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Re: hearing protection for djs

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
          There are various hearing protections out there. Aparently there is one that is custom made for your ear and it can lower the decible range down like 20db or somewhere in that region. But I think they cost around $300.00
          Satoshi uses these...
          http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

what the hell are those. that is kinda strange looking to see a dj without headphones on.

I dj four to six times a month and have used my 700's each and every time. Along with haveing them for over two years regular home use. I guess I just got a good pair.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Those are simple earplugs reducing the sound, you use your headphones with them. Guess Satoshi is simply not wearing them at the moment the pic was taken.

Those plugs have a 'linear cut' meaning all frequencies have the same cut in dB, avoiding having for example mid hitting harder than the rest. Everything stays crystal clear though..
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...