X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

Re: reminder star wars 3 out today.

no rush, just check it out when you get a chance. i also did not like the first two, i felt they got better as they went along, but the third was actually Lucas material.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• palmer
      Retired or Simply Important
      • Jun 2004

It was a cool movie and had me definitely entertained. Worthy of collecting.

I just thought the pacing and character development was horrible.
      todayistomorrow
      art direction | design | animation

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

I just thought the pacing and character development was horrible.
        so very true.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
          Till I Come!
          • Jun 2004

not enough FFN for my tastes

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

Ffn?
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• maddlingo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

And for all you video game nerds out there don't forget about Star Wars Battlefront 2 coming out today as well.
              "Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --

Comment

• daveman
                I love the colors!!!
                • Jul 2005

not the biggest fan of the whole star wars saga, but always enjoyed watching them. the first two prequels were a little weak and a little too kiddy like for my taste, but I enjoyed the third one. watching a fallen anakin transform into vader was kick ass. the third one actually made me want to go and watch the next ones over again. isn't that what makes for a good prequel?
                once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

he third one actually made me want to go and watch the next ones over again. isn't that what makes for a good prequel?
                  same here. made me watch all three again. thank goodness it was over the weekend.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Lorn
                    Looking for a title!
                    • Sep 2004

Haven't seen this one yet...but will definately get around to it now that its out on DVD.

Comment

• Kobe
                      I wish I had an interesting User title
                      • Jun 2004

I loved the thrid, but then again I was rasied on SW so I even liked Ep 1&2
                      Beats are my crack.

Comment

• tallinn:express
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

the worst movie ive seen in a cinema, sorry

Comment

• phazon
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Pissed on the previous two, pissed on by the first three.

Lucas pretty much fucked up the entire series with the recent ones, just terrible films. Gutted.
                          ----------------------------

Comment

• poolman
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • May 2005

Good thing this one made up for the last 2 that did not sit too well with me

Comment

• darkmark
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

Great take on the film below. I didn't write it... So, please don't take TOO much offense. It's just too funny not to include in this thread...

< beware : spoilers below >

Star Wars Episode III: a Steaming Pile of Sith

I didn't think it was possible to be more unimpressed with Star Wars. Today, I stand corrected. If you were unfortunate enough to hear your stupid co-workers yammering on about Lucas' latest shit burger, you might have heard them saying something like "I didn't like the first two, but this one was good!" When I ask why, these people have trouble responding because it's hard to talk with George Lucas' penis in their mouths.

Perhaps the question I should be asking is "why didn't you like the other two movies if you liked this one?" Nothing has changed. You have the same vacant-looking actors running around, aimlessly bumping into things, an army of stupid, sensitive robots, and dialogue clumsy enough to warrant putting a handicap sticker on George Lucas' car.

Before I go on, I have to address something that all you stupid Star Wars nerds are probably thinking right about now: "But, it's a movie made for kids, what do you expect?" Lucas stated in an interview with the BBC: "The movies are for children but [the fans] don't want to admit that."

Oh really? It just so happens that this "children's movie" has a scene where a guy gets his hands chopped off, a graphic decapitation, the wanton slaughter of children (the highlight of any movie), and the coolest scene in any space action movie starring Ewan McGregor: Anakin getting his legs chopped off as his stumps catch fire while his face melts. By the way, if you haven't seen this movie yet, don't read the previous sentence.

The most damning thing about this epic waste of time is the piece-meal plot hatched together with just enough goodwill and nostalgia to pacify the average idiot. Besides all the jedis in the movie being morons who are unable to detect conspiracies involving the cooperation of thousands of soldiers, Lucas does his best to make this movie extra insulting to our intelligence:

Senator Palpatine seduces Anakin to the dark side in about as much time as it takes for you to finish reading this sentence. Nevermind the fact that Anakin knows Palpatine is a Sith lord before accepting his offer, or that Sith lords are known for doing things like, oh, I don't know, KILLING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Anakin is on a mission to save his wife, Padme, from certain death! Or at least likely death. Okay, it was a dream. But it seemed pretty real during the flashback sequence, so Anakin has no reason not to believe this dream will come true, as is the tendency of dreams.

Near the end, Lucas takes a shit on the script and makes his crew translate it into an ending that putters across the finish line. The product is a scene where Anakin tries to literally choke Padme using the force:

Yes, that's right. The entire reason Anakin switched to the dark side becomes unraveled when he tries to kill Padme, who was the reason he switched to the dark side to begin with. Oops! Of course, Star Wars apologists will try to point out that Anakin was already under the influence of the "dark side" at this point. So that's why the first thing he asks as Darth Vader is whether Padme is safe, right you morons?

source: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....cgi?u=episode3

Comment

• rewing3
                                I really don't care
                                • Jun 2004

Never seen it. I really did not care for the prequels at all. Nothing will ever live up to the first 3.
                                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

Working...