If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Pickle really has it where it's at on this one. If anyone can truly keep up with all the great sets that flow through this board everyday. I can only assume that you would have absolutely no life whatsoever.
But there is a ton of good sets on here.
Geoff, very cool to take a photo of when your show was on. I've heard D:Fuse's show is pretty good too. Had a couple friends get a set on his show. Code Blue and DJ Shell.
Thanks Jeffrey.... that photo was a total lark. I just happened to catch the rebroadcast of the show and was shocked to see my name on the screen so I had to take a picture. Turns out it always happens on the rebroadcast but at the time I had no idea... I've never met Code Blue but Shell and her husband Mike are good friends of mine and I had a chance to hang and catch up with them again in S.F. for D:FUSE's People 3 recording at Mighty this past July. I've done guest mixes for D's show five or six times now and it's by far my favorite radio show to do outside of my sets for Fluid Dynamics here on MS.
"only dead fish swim with the stream..."Malcolm Muggeridge
instead of paying $15/mo on satellite radio, spend $15/mo on CDs and listen to every set in memebr sets & recommendations. you can filter what you listen to, it's something new every time, and if you like it you already have a copy of it. it's been working for me for years
one of my friends has Sirius and loves it. He's not much into searching for sets and finding random artists online yet he's getting exposed to EDM artists that he wouldn't otherwise get to hear. His taste leans toward prog breaks and house (ranges from BBB to Satoshi Tomiie). Plus he gets to listen to some cool 80's channels and of course Howard Stern is on come 2006.
As for XM, I cannot comment as I don't know anyone near me who has it. If I were to choose, I'd rather base it on what other stations it has besides the EDM ones.
I am an XM subscriber, so cannot comment on Sirius.
As for XM, I typically enjoy listening to "The Move". BPM and The System are cheesy trance/sugar-techno crap.
The Move isn't necessarily dark, dirty progressive like a lot of people around here enjoy (including myself), but it does have a nice collection of house, some prog/tech house, some breaks/stuff and generally an overall good channel.
I have XM for more reasons than just the Move, so if you are wanting satellite just to get a dance station, I am not sure either XM or Sirius will make you happy. You'd be better off buying an mp3 player and surviving off the plethora of mixes available around the net.
I listen to music on my computer and iRiver, so I don't listen to XM all the time - but, I like SAW Recordings show, Tom Stephen, Essential Mix (lagged a week I think), Exhale on Sunday mornings (10 hours of pure blissful downtempo/lounge grooves). I've also seen random live mixes on from Sasha, Desyn Marseillo, Tom Mangan, and others. I think they are typically portions of a show but I am not sure which show features those.
Overall, a good station.
I'd go XM, I haven't heard anything overly compelling about Sirius to make me switch.
XM over sirius. we have XM at my house, and friends have sirius. deffo XM. opie and anthony ARE UNBELEIVEABLE. so much more original than fuckhead stern with the the same jokes from 1989.
PS is that david gilmore in your avatar?
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
Does Tom Stephan have an XM show??? I must know about it.
I recently got XM delivered into my direct tv service and I'm kinda digging it. There's an 80's channel and I really dig the move. The first night i had it i listened to part of the balance show and when i woke up, i listened to part of the defmix show. They got some cool shit on there.
Geoff let me know if and when they might ever rebroadcast the show again of yours.
Encore Presentations:
Tuesday - 9:00 AM ET
Saturday - 10:00 AM ET
Radio Chumbo
Superchumbo features an eclectic mix of resounding tribal house and funky beats that define the Superchumbo sound. These New York-born UK resident records the Superchumbo Show from studios in London, where he drops exclusive tracks, mixes and guest interviews with DJs like Deep Dish, Steve Lawler and Victor Calderone during this two-hour show. Host: Tom Stephan
Encore Presentations:
Monday - 2:00 AM ET
Saturday - 3:00 AM ET
Saw Radio
Two of the world's most respected and forward thinking Dj's in the world join them as they travel the globe and record their sets to broadcast here, exclusive to The Move. Host: Satoshi Tomiie & Hector Romero
Returning on a weekly basis, containing 2 hours of 16B's own madness, sessions with national and international guests, interviews, live mixes, showcasing his work, live sets abroad and cutting edge new music ranging from all genres of dance. Host: Omid 16B
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment