How about a big round of "F*** You!" to Sony?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bart_smastard
    Gold Gabber
    • May 2005

Re: How about a big round of "F*** You!" to Sony?

I don't know if anyone else had this going through their mind when reading this but
    How the fuck does windows crash with someone that smart developing it for them ?

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sono
      oh please, people who say apple are better are zombies who just jump on bandwagons whenever they see a pathetic ultra-cool marketing campaign.

Whether it's sony or apple or any other company, they're all after your money and they will use every trick to get it.

DRM is nothing new, sony have been talking about it for years, i don't see the facination in this all of a sudden...
      So...what is your REAL opinion on this...?
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

heres link that explains it in easier terms (cos im a moron)

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DJZeke
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

if anyone use "anydvd" it does not let the DRM rootkit install, also it lets you use whatever player you want and make all the copy's you want.

I am not sure about "dvd region free", it may have something similiar.
          DJZeke @ SoulSeek

Comment

• rewing3
            I really don't care
            • Jun 2004

I don't really own any new sony cds anyways. But I will agree that did cross the line.
            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

Well considering the last sony brand cd I got was over two years ago. I don't think I have much to worry about on this matter. But truly that shit is just WRONG. And I really hope that the press get's ahold of this info.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• daveman
                I love the colors!!!
                • Jul 2005

here are some points that everyone should consider:
                1. Sony's installing this with their new CDs. What sort of wonderous things are coming with their CD/DVD burners, their computers, or other components? Can you trust Sony products to not report you to the music police? Do you dare ever buying anything Sony again?

2. If you read the sysinternals article, you'll notice that the rootkit creates a place to hide files from you and the OS. Now, how long will it be before someone exploits that with a worm/virus/etc? <----- THATS REALLY SCARY TO THINK ABOUT

3. Have you double checked your friendly DMCA lately?

US Law Title 17 section 1201:
                  Circumvention of copyright protection systems
                  (a) Violations Regarding Circumvention of Technological Measures.--
                  (1) (A) No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title.
                Know what that means? According to the DMCA, it's illegal to remove the rootkit.

According to the law, Sony is acting legally, and you, the consumer, are wrong, since Sony can do anything they want to protect their content. Including, according to the Honerable Senator Orrin Hatch, wrecking your computer.

that does it.... i'm never buying music again.
                once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• influx
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Re: How about a big round of &quot;F*** You!&quot; to Sony?

well now i know not to buy those copy protected cd's (which i didn't even know existed anyway.)
                  i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                  www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• bart_smastard
                    Gold Gabber
                    • May 2005

For those who use P2P progs like myself and have eva had an album they couldn't move or delete it's time to worry

Luckily iv'e formatted since i last had such a file/folder but iv'e had a few

Comment

• blkcrow
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

I'm going to continue to not buy music cd's after reading that. I've purchased over 1000 in my lifetime, they've gotten enough of my money. Grteedy bastards!
                      Idiocy - Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups.

Soulseek name = blkcrow

Comment

• chato
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

damn.. i dont understand 99% of the things it says.... but reading from your posts yeah Sony has gone too far.. so far im thinking the article is fake... hope its fake!!
                        ...enjoy every single second

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

OH it's not fake man, not at all, sorry to dissapoint you...

And me, i'll only pay for my downloaded music from the artists whose music i play out there, but no more cd's for me either until they will guarantee me they won't wreck my damn pc...
                          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• neoee
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kobe
                            There is no metion of this in the EULA and no way to uninstall it
                            WRONG! Uninstall it: http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/updates.html

Originally posted by daveman
                            F' those bastards, they will screw up your computer and gladly sell you a new VAIO.

Much like any other big company their divisions are seperated. The computing division has nothing to do with the entertainment one. As a matter of fact, I've heard that they often don't get along since one interest conflicts directly with the others. BTW there are other companies doing this too, Sonys not the only one. They were at least nice enough to come out with a removal tool (above). This has more to do with RIAA than Sony. Its just like with the Blu-Ray thing. They wouldn't be able to get the movie studios to pick up their technology if they didn't implement DRM. Its the main reason you will see HD-DVD lose this battle, since no movie studios will print on them so suddenly Blu-Ray will become the defacto standard.
                            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• FM
                              Wooooooo!
                              • Jun 2004

MP3
                              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                              Facebook!
                              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Jenks
                                I'm kind of a big deal.
                                • Jun 2004

Comment

Working...