• Show
Clear All
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican

Originally posted by toasty
    Originally posted by robprunzit
    People who become Republicans were usually not raised to be that way. Most people think from an emotional side. Democrats tend to be followers, and emotional thinking people, in general speaking. Republicans, generally speaking, tend to be leaders, that is why 'business owners, or corporations' are many times lead by republicans. They also are not usually led by there emotion, but use common sense, and logic combined, without the thoughtlessness of emotion, to come up with their ideas about things or issues. They tend to be more research based, generally speaking, not just listening to the media, and being led like the sheep to the wolves.
    You know, a lot of people vote with their wallets. As you note, "people who become Republicans were usually not raised to be that way." Is it not equally plausible that people "become" Republican when they become business owners and corporate big wigs because the Republican party protects their interests, as opposed to Republicans naturally rising to the top because of their god-given leadership ability? Greed and money are powerful motivating forces. They play a huge role in my voting decisions, without question.

Democrats can be successful and leaders of their community, too, you know. Indeed, if you look at who is contributing to Bush and Kerry, Kerry's contributors are donating larger amounts (15% of Kerry's war chest is comprised of individual contributions of $2000 or more, and 10% @ $1000-1999, compared to Bush's 8%@ $2000+ and 10%@$1000-1999). Clearly, there are people that are doing fairly well for themselves and that can exercise some independent thought that are supporting Kerry as well...

In fact, I would say that unless you happen to be: (1) a corporate big-wig, (2) a member of the religious right, or (3) in one of a handful of professions, it is you that is being led like a sheep to the wolves if you sincerely believe that the republican party is looking out for your best interests as a citizen.

Mostly, though, I just don't like being equated with a sheep, what with that Sheepfucker guy running around here and all...

Ask me a question...

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
      lol, arnold's quote, that was funny.

dems are girlie men. haha. well, they don't have any balls, so, that does indeed make them women.
      "You said in a Hanz and Franz voice by the Governor"
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

Working...