X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Anti-abortion Activists

OK, some folks out there are vehemently pro-life. I get that. I even understand the arguments behind that position. What I don't get is this:

I went to a wedding on Friday evening. When I get to the reception, I had to walk through a line of militant anti-abortion protestors carrying massive signs with pictures of aborted fetuses on them, waving bibles, and yelling at people -- myself included -- as we walked in.

I have no idea why. The reception site is one of those places that has multiple spaces, and I can only surmise that one of the other groups that was meeting that evening were being protested by this group. I don't know what my friend's take is on abortion, but I feel pretty confident that it wasn't on her mind as she was getting married. She might be strongly pro-life for all I know, but I doubt she wanted to make that the focal point of her wedding reception.

It doesn't really matter, because the end result is that my friend's wedding guests all had to cross a picket line, and an obnoxious and in-your-grill one at that. It is fair for her to have her event marred because of the happenstance of holding her reception in the same building as some group that these protestors had a problem with? Seems pretty shitty to me.

Time and place. That's all I'm saying. If you want to protest, protest. But have some consideration for those that don't have a dog in the fight.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Anti-abortion Activists

i see you coming to my side on the whole protestor thingy,.

they do no good and only annoy the shit out of the people who have to work/do something in the area of the protest. you should have punched one of them after the wedding, either that or thrown shit at them.

working in mid town NYC, these fuckers can get annoying any time someone important comes to town.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• bart_smastard
      Gold Gabber
      • May 2005

Sightless i don't think it's protestors that are your problem. i think it's bandwagon antagonists .

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
        you should have punched one of them after the wedding
        actually came quite close, just because this guy was really in my space. There were police everywhere, though, so it was probably a good call that I held back.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

no, i will verify that it is indeed protesters and the idea of protesting in front of, and in the way of normal people who couldnt care about the topic at hand and whom are trying to do one thing or another. i said it before and ill say it again, if you have ever stood in a crowd, and chanted or chained or generally obstructed everyday people from going about thier business, then you are an asshole. get the fuck out of the way and let me go to my office without hearing your worthless cause.

when the Republican national convention was in NYC, i got into a bad fight and nearly had my ass kicked by a crowd of people after i pushed one of them out of my way after telling him to shut it and i didnt care if he was a john kerry fan

Comment

• bart_smastard
            Gold Gabber
            • May 2005

^^ i can see ure point on that score . O.K. everyone has a right to protest . but no-one has a right to obstruct another persons business . they can litter the streets with leaflets no-one wants and chant irritating songs . but leave ppl to go about their lives

Comment

• stencil_cp
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2005

there was a Klan rally here in downtown Austin a few days ago, to support the vote to ban gay marraige that's held today. apparently it was ~14 klan members and ~3000 protesters, and a dozen or so Anti-Racist A---- (something), who all wore black with many covering their faces and looking like ninjas. the news didn't say anything about the klan, but that this ARA group were the ones starting shit, slapping at people over police blockers, instigating shoving and taunting (i guess with anyone who wasn't fervently-enough anti-racist)... it looked weird as shit and i wish i'd made it down to see if there were any fireworks...

...and that's BS about making reception goers run the gauntlet of picketers and fetus images...no tact at all, which is necessary to get any point across without pissing more people off....

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Pretty fucking lame if you ask me. If not a punch, spraying a bottle of champaign might've been a nice gesture...
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

the KKK should be SHOT ON SITE no questions asked

the only ones who will be pissed will be the KKK. they are mosquitos, nothing more. shame they even get print any more.

gd i wish i was still dating katrina, she was of negro descent and cool as shit, i would have said i was jewish just to piss them off.

Comment

• ZendoBro
                    Mr. Roboto
                    • Dec 2004

I remember at the beginning of the school year they had this anti-abortion group come on campus. They just had a ton of blown up pictures of aborted fetuses... It was disgusting! How can you justify a cause by getting your point across by using shock and awe? I thought it was complete BS!
                    I am no cyberwhore...
                    http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Jeez guys, it's SO SIMPLE. First case already taken care of, in the last case show them a few pics of some big ass medium-done streaks with the subscription: 'Pro-Abortion, I need my steak once in a while'

Or some Pics of scat sex and other realyl dirty shit, to prove you can outdo them in disgusting people.

Sometimes a sick sense of humour comes in quite handy

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• krelm
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                        Jeez guys, it's SO SIMPLE. First case already taken care of, in the last case show them a few pics of some big ass medium-done streaks with the subscription: 'Pro-Abortion, I need my steak once in a while'
                        Genius!

My weapon of choice is usually fetus sushi.
                        Broken Symmetry on mcast.mercuryserver.com

www.krelmatrix.com - archives & mixes
                        www.myspace.com/satansfluffer - general tomfoolery

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
                        - Stimutacs

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

hehheh...equally nasty!

Comment

Working...