X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

digweed's mix for AOL??

just browsing the itunes store and i found a new Digweed mix called AOL music dj sessions. never even heard of it until i stumbled upon it today. has anyone heard it?.
  • Morgan
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: digweed's mix for AOL??

Sasha's florida mix was hosted on AOL.
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• janky
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Here's the link for the album if you've got iTunes installed on your computer:

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• TomTom
        Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
        • May 2002

Is it any good? 11.99 is a lot of money for a compressed file when I can get a CD for 5 bucks more in the Store with a real CD, booklet, cover and case.

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

Are you sure this is not one of his kiss 100 sets or an essential mix that is renamed.
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• TomTom
            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
            • May 2002

Looks like an official cover to me and I doubt somebody would use AOL's name selling an illegal bootleg. I wonder why I didn't read anything on his homepage about it though.

Comment

• ZendoBro
              Mr. Roboto
              • Dec 2004

I saw it as well. It's all Bedrock material.
              I am no cyberwhore...
              http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

• frisky
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Its off his "Sessions@AOL" mix.

FYI - AOL Music does a lot of cool EDM stuff now. I work there, and for more than a few years now I've been trying to get the Music Programming Directors to play more "Underground" EDM stuff.. stuff that is "true" dance music, not the bullshit US Terrestial Radio plays. They are finally getting there... We will be featuring the latest Involed Danny Howells / Nick Warren tag team set very soon... I will let you know when that will start airing so you guys can catch it ...
                frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
                Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Internet streaming of the mix here

There's a thread on this in the Promo and Recommendations forum!

I'm 64 mins into the 81 mins mix. So-so, but listening to it at work and distracted by people and having to pull my earphones out of my ear.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• rewing3
                    I really don't care
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    Internet streaming of the mix here

There's a thread on this in the Promo and Recommendations forum!

I'm 64 mins into the 81 mins mix. So-so, but listening to it at work and distracted by people and having to pull my earphones out of my ear.
                    I can't get the stream to work. Do you have to have i-tunes installed for it to work properly.
                    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Nope, I believe it works with a Windows Media Player plugin for IE. I couldn't get it to work in FF, but it streamed fine in IE.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• frisky
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                        Nope, I believe it works with a Windows Media Player plugin for IE. I couldn't get it to work in FF, but it streamed fine in IE.
                        No it will work in FF and IE. Its a propiatary NSV/UVOX protocol stream. If you have Winamp installed it will work OK. If you didnt have the necesary control you should have got it thru a cab install.

f.
                        frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
                        Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

I installed the plugin for FF and it still didn't work though.

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

"AOL Music and Ingrooves have teamed up to release their first album, showcased by none other than John Digweed. Featuring mixes from the exclusive AOL Music DJ Sessions set that comprised entirely of recordings from Digweed’s own progressive house label, Bedrock, the mix is available online from AOL Music and iTunes.

The release of AOL Music DJ Sessions: Mixed by John Digweed is the first time AOL Music and the digital record label and technology company INgrooves have partnered to produce and market a full length digital album that will be distributed online. AOL Music has featured mixes from a number of high profile DJs over the past 12 months, but this is their first exploration into the world pushing a complete digital album.

The album is now available online through iTunes and AOL Music."

from ra

Comment

Working...