X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Arrested Development

Show has been de facto cancelled. What a kick in the nuts. Best comedy on TV, hands down (although the Office is pretty good). It will be missed. Why is it that smart, funny shows like AD get cancelled, but crap like "Everyone Loves Raymond" stays on for years?

Hopefully some fledgling cable network will pick it up and get it to succeed.

• J-Shock
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Arrested Development

When did it get cancelled? I was watching it just last week. One of my favorite shows on TV. This sucks. Stupid networks
    Peace
    J-Shock

Comment

• daveman
      I love the colors!!!
      • Jul 2005

hollywood conspiracy: jason bateman can not succeed at any costs.
      once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• johnson3161
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

I was very sad when I heard this news. It was one of my favorite shows to watch. They actually are showing prison break re-runs instead of new episodes.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Damn it! Just when I decide to watch TV again, they cancel Arrested Development?!?!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Movies and TV shows related information can be posted here

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

never tried watching it. looks stupid.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                never tried watching it. looks stupid.
                far, far from it. one of the best shows of the past decade...

Comment

• threehills
                  I heart Lollergirl
                  • Jun 2005

I can see why it was cancled. I think that if you didn't watch if from the beginning you would only get about half the jokes. I thought the show was just okay until I went and watched the first season on DVD. Now its seriously brilliant comedy.
                  It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

How brilliant is it to have a show narrated by Richie Cunningham, with a lawyer played by Fonzie, who is ultimately replaced by Chacci? And then, to name that lawyer, "Bob Loblaw" (say it out loud)...

Absolutely hysterical. Totally outside of the box comedy. Damn shame.

Comment

• calgarytop
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jun 2004

It hasn't been cancelled, it airs again tonight, they just took it off while november ratings were on to boost prison break ratings, but I bet this is the last season of it, which sucks because it is hilarious
                      If clues were shoes, you'd be barefoot

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by calgarytop
                        It hasn't been cancelled, it airs again tonight, they just took it off while november ratings were on to boost prison break ratings, but I bet this is the last season of it, which sucks because it is hilarious
                        Well, they cut production in half and are not ordering any new epsiodes. Sounds cancelled to me.

I have heard rumors of other networks taking a serious look at it. I hear NBC in particular is really interested. I gather that they are going to do a season finale and not a series finale in the hopes that it will get picked up. I'll post something if I can find anything concrete...

Comment

Working...