• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • san
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

question to the Florida folks...

hows the nightlife in FT. Lauderdale?

the reason ask is that i might have a business venture in either Boca Raton or Lauderdale. I think i can work and live in Boca which i hear is nicer i suppose but is Lauderdale too far to travel to go out at night and stuff? what are those two areas like?

i hear Boca is more like an muuuuuuch older geriatric crowd and Lauderdale is like i dunno not like that. help here would be appreciated.
    poop on you
  • code11
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

I just moved to Ft. Lauderdale and the nightlife sucks but Southbeach is only a 30 min drive. And the drive is mostly all highway.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

^^ what he said.
      miami is just down i-95 a little bit and its a sure bet that nightlife there isnt weak.

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Never had a problem getting to Miami from Boca/Pompano/Lauderdale. At night it's an easy 85-90mph drive along I-95 which makes it relatively short. Lauderdale sucks for night life so your best bet is to go further south.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• san
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Re:: question to the Florida folks...

thanks guys. how far is Orlando from Boca or Lauderdale cause i have a few friends that live there? is Boca a nice town to live in or not? i know its like maybe 20 minutes from Lauderdale so its not far to check shit out. doesn't Lauderdale have a club or two that is supposed to be ok that some big name DJ's stroll through?
          poop on you

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

voodoo or voodoo lounge in ft lauderdale.
            never been but i have a couple sets of known people from that club.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by san
              thanks guys. how far is Orlando from Boca or Lauderdale cause i have a few friends that live there? is Boca a nice town to live in or not? i know its like maybe 20 minutes from Lauderdale so its not far to check shit out. doesn't Lauderdale have a club or two that is supposed to be ok that some big name DJ's stroll through?
              Orlando from Boca/Lauderdale is about a 4 hour drive. If you want to drive it there are two ways, one will save you about 1/2 hour but is more expensive:

1. From Lauderdale take the Florida Turnpike north straight into Orlando. (Quicker but more expensive)

2. From Lauderdale take I-95 North to Fort Pierce exit and follow signs to the Turnpike. Take Turnpike north into Orlando. (Cheap and my preferred way).

Boca is a very nice place to live. Very expensive. You can find nice places that are a little less expensive in places like Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Coconut Creek, etc. I would definitely check into those places. I think there used to be a place called "Orbit" or something like that in the Lauderdale-area that used to have big names, not sure if it is still around though.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

4 hours from Boca to Orlando? I live in Tampa and can get to Miami in 3.5, and Boca in less than that.

Comment

• Revinant
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Once I made like 3 hours from Sanford to Miami, yeah, Sanford, damn ugly place!!!

& Boca is not that far from Miami, like a 25 mins drive
                  Revinant/S Junk?s/The Midnight Perverts
                  http://www.myspace.com/midnightperverts
                  Http://www.sjunkes.com

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Anyplace within an hour of Miami is a-ok!!! I think Boca to Orlando takes less time depending on the traffic (about 3 hrs I'd say). It takes me 4 hours to get to Miami from Lakeland and that's about an hour from Orlando (and an hour just to get to the turnpike). If I had my choice I'd prefer to live in Boca. Like someone said it's not far from Miami and it's a really upscale area. The worst area in Boca (if
                    ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• Pebbles
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Re: question to the Florida folks...

Originally posted by san
                      i hear Boca is more like an muuuuuuch older geriatric crowd
                      Haha!! Yes, retiree's make up alot of Boca -- and many of them are very wealthy. That can make life living in Boca very difficult at times!! West Lauderdale is nice if you can afford it.

Miami beach is the best place in Fl to go clubbing at night, imo. It's quite a drive from Palm Beach county to the beaches in miami, like about 45 minutes if you follow closer to the speed limits. I used to live by downtown West Palm, and it would take me nearly an hour to get back from Miami (it's 65 miles or so). From Lauderdale, it's about 30. It all depends too on how far west you are. But from Boca to downtown Lauderdale, it's not too far at all, about 20 min. The commute is not bad either.

I used to go out in FT Lauderdale when I lived there, to Voodo. But there's not too much else to do there besides that. There are tons of bars though there, if your into the bar scene. It used to get pretty packed too on Fri/Sat nights.

Comment

• skahound
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Revinant
                        Sanford, damn ugly place!!!
                        Sanford = The armpit of Florida

Comment

• san
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

thanks guys. i'll have to go down there and check out my options.
                          poop on you

Comment

Working...