X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Mega upload or you sendit

Hey all i am new to this upload download thing so here is my question.
    I have a few files on my computer that i would like to share with everyone. first off should i use mega upload or you send it? Also how do u use them? what doi need to do to upload my file onto these sites so u guy's and gals can send them. Thanks for everyone's help and remember i am a real novice at this so u guys would have to expain it really well so that i can get started.

• unrecogniseduser
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mega upload or you sendit

i have had no luck with either so far. My upload speeds start out fast and then it just slows down and eventaully dies.Shame that
    motherlover

Comment

• influx
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

i've had better results with yousendit in the past. from what i've seen, megaupload heavily restricts download speeds.
      i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
      www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• qwerty2222
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i prefer yousendit, much better speed, but you gotta be quick, the download has limited life

Comment

• JoeY2k
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2005

megaupload.. its slow but this is already the only disadvantage. it keeps the files online quite a long time, u can go on side 4 of this forum, click on the megaupload link and it still works! try this with yousendit.. bad luck since it has a crappy download limit (only up to 25 downloads) .. i often come across megaupload links which have been used over 100 times, so this gives u an impression how much really good links get used by people.
          moreover the file size for megaupload is up to 250mb (enough for a nice 3h mix in good quality) .. yousendit only around 70mb (just the ordinary 1h mix in 128 quality)

so in conclusion megaupload really spreads the music. i personally don´t have a problem to wait 4hours for good music. much better than reading the "link expired" message..

edit: about uploading something at megaupload
          it´s really easy.. go to www.megaupload.com (redirects you now to the dutch page.. dunno why but i can live with that). then just choose your file, write something for the comment and that´s it. eventually u have to click away this strange window which appears 1 time (if u don´t do this the upload will not continue). uploads never stopped for me.. speed is around 22kb/s up.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

Good points joe Y2k

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

go to www.megaupload.com/en for the english side.

Comment

• ZendoBro
                Mr. Roboto
                • Dec 2004

I prefer yousendit. Fast download speeds and easy to use. You may have to upload the file again if more people want it though.
                I am no cyberwhore...
                http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

yousendit.com.. so what if you have to upload again.. isnt it more important for the people that want to download said file to have easier access, than just because the file stays on megaupload longer, but you deal with pop ups and slow download speeds..

Comment

• JoeY2k
                    Addiction started
                    • Aug 2005

ah come on.. reuploading a mix is just a pure waste of time. never tried sharing music on more than just 1 forum?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

i have a website so i dont really NEED to use either.. just giving my opinion.

how is reuploading any more of a waste than the initial upload? lol.. you arent really doing anything unless you sit there and wait for it to upload.

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

how do we get some of your sets unome....i have never seen them anywhere.

Comment

• skahound
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Jun 2004

what do you prefer........i don't know if its cause i'm on a mac.....but i can never get the DL to work for me through megaupload :( :( :(
                          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

Working...