X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robprunzit
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

The Board 'Hybridized.org' is trying to hack into my machine

I don't know how many of you all check your security software for adware, tracking cookies, or spyware; but I have been trying to stay clean of this garbage for a while thru good site downloads which help alot. But recently, especially yesterday, I did alot of searching out links from various sites and now I am being bombarded with hacker attacks. Until yesterday, I could monitor maybe 10 attempts to hack into my machine in a 15 minute segment of time. After I went to some music sites yesterday, I am now having as many (GET THIS) as 20 a minute. I can view it happening through my firewall software. It says it is blocking them, I sure hope so. But I was shocked when one of them showed the name of a popular BOARD - HYBRIDIZED.ORG . And this guy is hitting me every couple minutes as well as about 10 other IP Addresses are popping up. I have them all listed, and I'm reporting them to HACKERWATCH.ORG. Funny, or better yet, lets say 'scary' thing is ... in the amount of time I report one hack attempt, 10 more happen before I can get to the next.

What the HELL IS GOING ON!!! I'm pissed off now.

Anyone else ever check your firewall? By the way, these are all getting past my router and I have current updates from Microsoft.

I think they may have, or will soon get into my machine.

Feedback please!
    AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

I'm willing to bet its not them trying to hack you rather a virus that they may have picked up that is attacking you. Why not their ip or domain on your firewall?
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• swedetech
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re:: The Board 'Hybridized.org' is trying to hack into my ma

you on crack!

I doubt any of those are really "hack attempts" more likely "spyware" etc fucking with your firewall so it looks like it...

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

Your fine. Just take your vitamins.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• robprunzit
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

It could be spyware or adware. I do see the ip address for every incoming attempt, and I know some of the others were trojan scans, and my virus scan picked up on them as they entered in through emails. But the 'hybridized.org' is strange to me. They are all crap trying to put something in my box, but the ip and name appear when 'hybridized.org' makes an attempt. Like I said, some music site I went to last night touched this off, and I never went to hybridized.org at all yesterday, yet it as well as 10 new ip addresses are hitting me very fast. Amazingly fast. I would never have known it had I not already been checking for this problem daily anyhow.

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if I can change my routers ip address netmask.

Comment

• TomTom
            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
            • May 2002

I don't know what happened to your PC but the guys from Hybridized will surely not attack you through the internet. Ask esef, a member from here as he's a moderator on their boards. He can tell you for sure they are doing nothing to cause these attacks. :wink:

Comment

• swedetech
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

I just downloaded a set from those "hackers" over there...over 800kb/sec the whole time... damn thats fast!
              ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• robprunzit
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Thanks for the info. I'm frustrated over the attacks against my computer. I think some are definitely virus programs running, and maybe that is what is coming from 'hybridized.org', as well as others. Just strange that I had not even gone to their site the other day, and at the same time that 10 other ip addresses started attacking me, hybridized.org was one of them. It is happening now as I post this note. I don't know how to stop it. Any feedback on stopping all this crap from knowing my ip address.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

Get a mac.

or go to zonealarm. get a free firewall. clean your system and boom you should be set.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                    Get a mac.

Comment

• BeachBum
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

If you wanna clean up your machine and keep this from happening...download and install spybot. this will take all the spyware that is already on your machine off....I was getting so many of these that i could hardly get on the internet...and talk about it slowing you down. I run this prograsm once a week and I have no problems at all.
                      The man who has no imagination has no wings - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• robprunzit
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

I am using a good firewall, thats the only thing keeping them out. They are through my router at this point, yet not through the firewall as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the ZONEALARM mention. I have heard it was good from 'kim komando', the digital goddess. Check out her site. www.komando.com

I have run spybot and adaware. And I keep spyblaster updated. I am trying hard to keep clean here. I bet others out there are getting hit too. I visited several sites, all music related. My virus scan software alerted me on one of the sites, www.ultramusique.com , but I didn't heed the warning and kept on looking the site over. At some point, I started the NETPUMPER, and a related PLUGIN, download to make it possible to download music from their site. I stopped the process since I didn't know much about the program ... whether it is rapped in spyware, etc.

There are so many tricks out there now, we have to be cautious. Check out the 'microsoft' security\update pages, and read up on all the threats.

QUESTION: CAN i CHANGE MY 'IP' ADDRESS IN THE ROUTER OR OTHERWISE?

Comment

• asdf_admin
                          i use to be important
                          • Jun 2004

most routers are DHCP ... they assign auto. You can change it if you router does have that option. You can use your internet browser to tap into it (find the ip of your router) some have a user name and password ... if you do not know it, find a doc on it from your maker. you can also change your own ip in your network settings for your computer.

blah. blah. blah.
                          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

macs suck, get linux

dom, you going to tripwire tommorow?

Comment

• asdf_admin
                              i use to be important
                              • Jun 2004

dunno. we may go to Crater Lake ... I want to ... depends if the boss lets me. rofl.
                              dead, yet alive.

Comment

Working...