• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fletcher
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2005

Matthew Herbert - Plat du Jour

Absolutely Genius

The guy has pulled out all the stops and created a CD from samples of FOOD.
    Just listened to the whole CD for the first time tonight and its really good. Quite exotic / experimental "orchestral" stuff, but from food and kitchen related implements.

For example....

Track 8: White Bread, Brown Bread.
    "Melodies and Chords are samples from a bellini 200 toaster"
    "live percussion from white toast, brown toast, and the toaster"
    "kick drum is a petrol can"

And its not rubbish, its good stuff! Really creative, and shows what can be done. A lot of thought has gone into making this CD, as can be found by reading the sleeve notes. Check it out if your at all interested in someone doing something a little different from the norm.

Its on Accidental recordings, and more info can be found on www.platdujour.co.uk
    http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

• peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Matthew Herbert - Plat du Jour

yeah, its a great cd. i think herbert is definately one of (if not THE) most talented people in dance music easily, definately one of the most creative. plat du jour isnt my favorite album of his, but its definately very good.

Comment

• tallinn:express
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: Matthew Herbert - Plat du Jour

Herbert is one of the best musicians on Earth, i`ve heard him live with his Big Band and Dani Siciliano in february this year in our national opera house, and that was absolutly phenomenal , fckin amazing. My ears were breathing with the freshest sound i ever heard. Everyone went nutz that night

Comment

Working...