Clear All
  • qwerty2222
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

steve lawler and fashion

taken from trustthedj.com

Steve Lawler?s fashion faux pas?
    22/11/2005

Space resident DJ Steve Lawler announced this week that he?s rebranding all of his business activities under the banner Viva from the beginning of next year. His record label will also continue as an online venture only.

?This is the way forward for my record label,? the Birmingham-born producer explained. ?Times are changing quickly, and I want to start 2006 by leading the way with how people receive and enjoy the music I release. I am excited by the proposition of only being online, which is where a lot of my music buying audience tend to shop.?

Lawler,a self styled superstar DJ/producer/remixer, also revealed that he?s ?in discussions with fashion houses about turning Viva into a lifestyle collection,? though provided no further information about the garments his fashion company might produce. Speaking to Skrufff several years ago, however, he displayed a keen interest in ultra-flamboyant clothes, declaring ?if you?re a bloke who likes to go out dressed up in high heels, that?s great.

?When you go to a club, it?s entertainment time, it?s showtime, you can let your problems and your worries go and be who you want to be,? the DJ continued. ?In America, you have five-days-a-week accountants who love to go out dressed as transvestites at the weekend and I think that?s fantastic!?

Despite his love of over-the-top clothes for others, Lawler admitted he never dresses extremely himself (?I?d look like a complete idiot?), adding ?image is important to me to a certain extent, I tend to wear designer clothes, but it doesn?t matter if a DJ wears a baseball cap or is covered in gold.

?And anyway, being about four foot tall myself, when I stand behind the decks how can I expect people to notice what I?m wearing?? he laughed.

Viva Recordings launches in January 2006

• ZendoBro
    Mr. Roboto
    • Dec 2004

Re: steve lawler and fashion

Online labels... This is the wave of the future imo.
    I am no cyberwhore...
    http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

Working...