If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
So I just got home from my 10 year High School Reunion....
I dont care how shallow this sounds.... I totally had the most perfect experience..... no need to lie about inventing post-its... It feels good to have even the people who literally kicked your ass telling you that you look good. and actually, nobody got fat and everyone looked pretty damn good, and was pretty damn nice. YAY
The one downside was my friend who teaches HS drama, her new students were born the year we started HS.... I feel old. Old and good.
My highschool reunion is also sometime this year, I really have no desire to see people that I despised so much during my tenuored at school. And I was pretty popular. Nevertheless I have no problem telling people that I've partyed the last ten years of my life away.
My highschool reunion is also sometime this year, I really have no desire to see people that I despised so much during my tenuored at school. And I was pretty popular. Nevertheless I have no problem telling people that I've partyed the last ten years of my life away.
I feel the same way. My ten yr reunion will be in june of 06 sometime. I have no desire to see anyone that I graduated with. Most of the people that I went to HS with were asses anyways.
No shit...yesterday I totally skipped on my High school reunion...didn't feel like seeing a few peeps at all, and I always kinda picture people boasting about what they're achieved (the post-it referral you made Poto). Oh well, in 5 years I'll take a look maybe, not just yet Guess my time on highschool wasn't so good that I wanna relive it...
Oh i hated fucking HS. Alas however, there were several people i grew up with that I had a hunch werent assholes... and I was right.. it was very nice to hang out with a group of people who you arent forced to be around and havent seen for 10 years and are now adults... Some of them are still boring as all hell.... but some of them pleasantly surprise you by not having a shred of their former negative adolescent behaviors/traits, and with no bragging or bullshit involved you get a little more faith in the human race...
One of the guys I grew up with died in the WTC on 9/11, Dave Suarez was a good guy, and I think if any good came of his death, it was reflected in my former classmates and who they are today. Very surreal weekend it's been I tell ya.
I found a girl from high school on MySpace a few weeks ago... I was driving through her town this weekend on my way to visit family, and one of my old roommates lived in the same town. I ended up staying at his house, getting ahold of her, and meeting up with her for a few drinks. it was nice to catch up with someone after 5 years that, like you're saying, you barely talked to but should've. turns out this girl might be moving to Kansas City in a few months, and listens to a lot of EDM, and has hit up plenty of raves/parties in her day. it's crazy to see someone that I sat next to/talked with in 10th grade World History that has so much in common. she was talking about coming to KC in 3 weeks for a concert and invited me after I offered her and her friends a place to stay that night... I may go. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, I think.
Those are nice stories to hear....In my case I was already told that those guys haven't changes a bit, and that they still hate my guts. It was also due to other circumstances that I didn't go, but in retrospect I should've just gone to annoy them. With the most dear people I still am in touch, and from time to time I meet them too, so...not real worries there.
Yeah, I didnt go to my 5 year reunion... and I graduated with 400 people, so there were a lot of folks to catch up with as well as a very diverse selection of directions everybody went in life... interesting. The girl I drove to school everyday senior year is an astronomer.... go figure.
at my graduation a told myself i'd never go back to my highschool
10 year reunion
"hey guys! remember me, the kid who used to eat lunch in the bathroom?"
fuck that
I can't wait to go to mine. Only for very shallow reasons of course. I'll be ready with a big FU for those that thought they were above me in HS. I've done well for myself (compared to those aforementioned types). And it'll be nice to walk in with my g/f, I'm sure she will be the hottest chick in the room.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin
i have no intentions of going to mine. i went to a pretty pretegious private catholic school where i was very popular and did well acedemically. but i was always the hippie snowboarded/skateboarder who pulled pranks and smoked weed. now if i go back i'm sure the class will be full of fucking senators and lawyers and shit, and the only thing i have to show for my education is a beer gut and chemical dependency problem. no thanks.
Actually, despite no having finished my studies yet, I've done pretty fucking well too...I think I have more to talk about than most other people from back then. But I just don't wanna get back to the people that fucked me up so badly back then...I even lay awake for a night or two by the thought of seeing them again: I'm pretty convinced I'd beat the crap out of them on sight, which is totally contrary to my usual calm nature. I still hate them more than I realized I guess, heheh...but the next reünion I'll go, and give those losers a big FY and have a beer with the nice guys from back then
Its interesting when instead of needing to say fuck you, people kiss your ass or at least compliment it, and you realize that is much more satisfying than the other option... And to be fair, some the the assholes just ended up being very cool and sincere in sharing a drink, a smoke, and an honest "good for you".
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment