X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • refine
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

dark, dirty, tribal prog recommendations

ok, so i have been somewhat infatuated with pappas balance six house disc as of late (well....up until it goes a little pear shaped at 42 minutes) and was wondering what other recommendations you guys might have for some dark n dirty style prog/tribal. anything from sets to songs.......

this isnt a "oooh eee i think i like dance music tell me what to listen to thread" i just think most people on this forum typically, have very similar tastes to myself and i think any recommendations you make are likely to be more spot on than any others.

so yeh, if there have been any darker tinged sets or songs that you have quite enjoyed, spill em!
    can i get a rewind?
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Some tunes I've been digging lately:

Aalcho - Mr Monster (Evolved Mixes)
    16 Bit Lolitas - Rebounce
    Vampires - Live in the Light
    DJ 19 vs Thomas Penton - Ima
    Steve Porter - Homegrown EP
    Rene Amesz - Back Into the Funk
    Parallel Sound - Stuck in My Head
    Mr. Barcode - Filthy Transmission
    Max Linen - Flashback
    Innerstate - Sidewinder
    Habersham & Numinous - Leaving Tifton (Rockin' the Bed Dub)

Enjoy!
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• AfterHours
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jun 2004

Thomas Penton is doing great music with this style... totally recommendable

:wink:

Comment

• Pataky P
        asdf_imo
        • Jun 2004

Re:: dark, dirty, tribal prog recommendations

I like this musics!!!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Pataky P?l
          I like this musics!!!

I'll have to agree with the man himself.

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

i third that.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

have you heard any of rich wood's sets? not really pure prog, but pretty dark and moody at times. check out his july mix and the gauge set.
              his site is djrichwoods.com or something like that

and what was that set that was hosted a while back...don't remember the guy's name...it was a mix from kiss (not john's show) that jobgolly ribbed and was really tribally and banging...i can't remember his name, but he's got other stuff on his site ....someone help me out here....

Comment

• MJDub
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Yoshitoshi - In House We Trust 4 CD 1 - Mixed by Planet Funk

Dear Jesus, this is one of THE darkest, sickest mixes I have EVER heard! Absolutely relentless beats and basslines the whole time!
                http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• skahound
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                  it was a mix from kiss (not john's show) that jobgolly ribbed and was really tribally and banging...
                  That jobgolly is a pud-whacker. Now jibgolly...he's the man!!

Comment

• Jibgolly
                    Vortexuralizor
                    • Jun 2004

i was gonna say rich woods as well. his july 2004 set is the bizzniss.

and this is a bit older but still fucking dirty dirty dirty.....
                    Deep Dish_Live on 93.7, Istanbul (01-16-04) part 1&2

Comment

• Trancelucent One
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Anything by Chus and Ceballos is a pretty safe bet for some wholesome dark and dirtiness...i like their Amplified cd's I also really like Lawler's Nubreed for some sick beats. My friend just turned me on to Dr. Kucho...there's some really sick tracks on his site that you can listen too www.drkucho.com That Thomas Penton set that [ms] hosted not long ago was EXCELLENT!!! A definate favorite. Saeed and Palash are favs of mine as well...I really dig their Addictive Beats cd's. Well I think that's a good start for now. Wait until Balanc3 comes back...he can suggest some more twisted beats.
                      ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• chriss02
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Trancelucent One
                        Anything by Chus and Ceballos is a pretty safe bet for some wholesome dark and dirtiness...i like their Amplified cd's I also really like Lawler's Nubreed for some sick beats. My friend just turned me on to Dr. Kucho...there's some really sick tracks on his site that you can listen too www.drkucho.com That Thomas Penton set that [ms] hosted not long ago was EXCELLENT!!! A definate favorite. Saeed and Palash are favs of mine as well...I really dig their Addictive Beats cd's. Well I think that's a good start for now. Wait until Balanc3 comes back...he can suggest some more twisted beats.

thx, perfect comment.
                        teh penton-mix is unbelievable-recommended!
                        ...if you want a great deep-groovy music,look at Moonline in Debut-team, Hungary in Live...
                        Moonline is my Hun-favorite-no compromise!

Comment

• remoh
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

hey this mix of mine is tribal/deep ...

this one is a lot more prog

the mixing on the last one is way better

let me know what you think
                          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• skahound
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Trancelucent One
                            My friend just turned me on to Dr. Kucho...there's some really sick tracks on his site that you can listen too www.drkucho.com
                            Kucho is an f'ing God! Check out 'Forbidden Planet' and 'La Ira De Dios' for some seriously original stuff. Kucho incorporated flutes, oboes, violins, almost an entire orchestra when creating that album. 'Forbidden Planet' is definitely one of my favorite Kucho tunes. Also check out his newest, a remix of Erick-E 'Make You Smile'.

Comment

• refine
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jul 2004

nice won. cheers for the replies.

the start of chus's iberican beats mix ive really been digging recently actually......need to check more of their sets out.

ive been dying to get my hands on saeed and palashs addictive beats mixes.....i think they have grassinimoto tunes on them....who are the bomb

only if digweed had gone through with creating a dark label offshoot of bedrock :cry:
                              can i get a rewind?

Comment

Working...