X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Alito An Activist Judge!!!

[Specter] added that Alito had told him that the Constitution "is a living thing in the sense that it protects rights by setting out principles to be applied in changing circumstances."
    The Constitution is a living thing? Judges can take changing circumstances into account when ruling on Constitutional issues? GASP!!! Holyfuckingmoses!!! Activist whackjob!!!

Cosmo, I know hearing this has got to piss you off, based upon some discussions we've had in the past. Can a judge stray from the strict letter of the Constitution and still avoid the "activist" label?
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Alito An Activist Judge!!!

NO. they are there to interpret laws according to the constitution., its up to the houses to change the constitution if they need to. POLITICS SUCKS> PS toasty, go listen to the lieberman interview i posted in the other thread, you will like it. it gives a ray of hope in the current shit.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• kningl
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jun 2004

Of course, Alito might just be playing the political game...I love how the media has gone through interview after interview with senators, who claim "Alito said this, Alito said that..." It's all a bunch of political hearsay; let's see what happens when he actually gets in...

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

tear down that wall

no new taxes

i did not have sexual relations with that woman

sry but i dont know any DIRECT lines from bush2 where he blatently lied and it became a catch phrase. but hell there is plenty of time.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...