X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: what do you think of the death penalty

I've read the same somewhere, and i believe in each case there was enough evidence against the conviction (in favour of the defendant), that in no case capital sentence could've been allowed. It was also clear that it was racially biased: Afro-Americans and other ethnic minorities ran a much higher risk of receiving the death sentence than a white person.

Too many people killed unjustly like that, so I'm against the death penalty anyway. Just place yourself in the position of someone unjustly convicted and receiving the death penalty for it too: i'd go mad, just mad. Suddenly 'collateral damage' in the process looks very personal to you, doesn't it?
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• neoee
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Bart, to be completely honest I do not know the answer to that. I would have to read the cited book/study. However I think it would be safe to assume most if not all of these were actually innocent people. Mostly because of the advances in DNA forensics. Much of the evidence to prove these people innocent was sitting in a evidence lockup until DNA analysis came along. I don't think we would have the same amount of error today but it still gives reason to reconsider capital punishment (in addition to the costs).
      "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• alienaut
        Fresh Peossy
        • Nov 2005

"We follow the evidence everything is is gossip" - Grissom In other words if there's enough evidence to prove guiltness then proceed to death penalty otherwise search for the truth.

Comment

• NoOne
          Getting warmed up
          • Jun 2004

I'm agree with it!!!

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

im glad tookie was killed, fucker killed 4 people and started the worst gang in america. go tell his victims familes and all those affected by gang violence that he is a good man and should be reprived.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• shosh
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

+250

Comment

• DancingQueen
                AVB FanClub | President
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by thesightless
                im glad tookie was killed, fucker killed 4 people and started the worst gang in america. go tell his victims familes and all those affected by gang violence that he is a good man and should be reprived.
                Althought no one was disputing that he was the man behind the worst gang in American history that wasn't what he was on trial for.....yes the murders were horrible enough on their own to convict him, but they also say that it may not have been him that actually killed those people.

This is why I am iffy about the death penalty.....what if he really didn't do it?
                sigpic
                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• etincelles
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2005

Last edited by etincelles; March 24, 2010, 03:26:32 PM.

Comment

Working...