X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Kudos to Ford

It would appear that Ford will no longer be bullied by ultra-conservative groups. After initially discontinuing its advertising in gay-friendly magazines after boycotts and criticism from anti-gay groups who were upset that Ford was catering to the gay community too much, it appears that Ford will go back to advertising wherever it damn well pleases.

Although I am constantly puzzled by some folks' vehement disapproval of homosexuality, disapproval of others' lack of open disapproval of homosexuality is brainbending to me. In other words, "I think we ought to be able to discriminate against homosexuals, and unless you discriminate against them, too, I'm boycotting your company." I can't believe we've let these bigots get so powerful in this country that they have any say in dictating how huge multinational companies do business.

Kudos to Ford for giving the proverbial middle finger to the close-minded jackasses on the far right.
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Kudos to Ford

I support Ford!!!...by driving a massive gas guzzling pickup! GOOOOO FORD!!

Comment

• daveman
      I love the colors!!!
      • Jul 2005

great. now if they could make a half way decent vehicle they might get some sales.
      ford = Found On Road Dead
      once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        I support Ford!!!...by driving a massive gas guzzling pickup! GOOOOO FORD!!
        ^^hoosier imo

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

^^^ says the man with a stuffed armadillo.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

^^Fine, be that way. Just for that, though, I want my jackelope back.

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

believe it or not, i have actually convinced some people i killed that thing.

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

hahaahah

Good thing for Ford, I read about it earlier and was pretty suprised that they actually gave in to a bunch of whining pussies. Those folks are prolly just very insecure about their own sexuality
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • May 2005

Way to go Ford.
                  Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

Working...