i love it.

love & hate always welcome.

002.jpg
    dead, yet alive.
  • daveman
    I love the colors!!!
    • Jul 2005

Re: skidaffle.

curious as to what program you are using. and is this a still image or part of an animation?
    once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

i use three primay programs for this work. 3dmax, illustrator, and photoshop. I could easily animate this, becuase the core is all vector based. fun stuff, and very time consuming.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• daveman
        I love the colors!!!
        • Jul 2005

yeah definately time consuming. i don't know if you saw the building i've been recently working on....
        hey saw this on gorilla mask and thought it was kinda cool... http://www.drawahouse.com its like a personality test, u draw a house and answer some q's.. u can make a virtual street with different houses built on it.. awesome.. check out my house... pure ghetto.. Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse

still have a lot to do on that one and i have over 100 hours put in so far.

your image reminds me of some animations that i saw that were done using rhino and studio viz. the animations used primary and subordinate pieces that moved together or based on the movement of the adjacent piece. (and they were carefull that the model never turned into itself, kind like if you tried to move your arm though your other arm.) the range in movement was generated using a plug-in that digital graphed out sound. it was incredible. they had this very deconstructive style model that moved and generated its shape based on what it was hearing. they basically made it dance. kick ass stuff. i have spent so much time building real things. i need to find more time to just play with programs again.

you should also try playing more with the raytrace settings in viz or max to generate reflections and refractions in certain parts and pieces. you'll be amazed sometime the amount of additional detail that the reflections pick up and create in your work.
        once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• asdf_admin
          i use to be important
          • Jun 2004

wow. i know a 1/20 of 3dmax. I use it to create shapes and take them apart in illustrator. I am noob when it comes to 3dmax. I try to explore the program as much as I can, but I really do not have the guts in my machine to do high renders and what not. Perhaps next year I will get my new machine and feel at ease in fooling around.

3d programs are buff. and would love to animate something like my image, probably turn out really cool ... I think.
          dead, yet alive.

Comment

• jusus
            Getting Somewhere
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by asdf_admin
            i got this bad boy to come out. took me about a week. fuck-an-a. 1600x1200

i love it.

love & hate always welcome.

[ATTACH]417[/ATTACH]
            hello , what kind of program dou you use for 3d graphic?
            http://www.jususdesign.com

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

3dmax kind sir.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• jorre
                Addiction started
                • Dec 2005

nice work there.... I love it...
                too bad I can't find time to start exploring 3d programs... Spent enought time already on Ableton Live

Comment

• darkabeatz
                  Addiction started
                  • Apr 2005

Nyce pic man. I tied to learn 3d max but its pretty deep. i get on better with Maya, allthough looking on the web people seem to prefer 3dmax for abstract stuff over maya. I just feel more comfortable with mayas menus and controls.

Comment

Working...