X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ikenator
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2005

Kaskade stuff

Anyone have any Kaskade sets at all? I'm wanting to go see him when he comes through at the end of January and I was wondering how good he is... Any sets or comments?
  • lmmadic
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Kaskade stuff

go see them they produce some top quality (deep) house tunes. I don't know what they have been up to recently but there in the moment cd was really great.
    sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• nbpgt
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

i thought it was one dude. i missed him when he came through town, but heard it was good. i would recommend both of his cds, san fran sessions & house of om. i would describe his house as more light & fluffy. but others say deep.

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

They were in pittsburgh here last week and I didn't go unfortunately.... I can ask the guys that went though....
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• shosh
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

only one guy. started out in salt lake so he comes here quite often. light fluffy house is more correct to describe it. average show imo nothing to go nuts over but pretty cool nonetheless.

however, everytime ive seen him it was in salt lake and he might not give it his all since he comes out so often. id be interested to see some other reviews

Comment

• MetroSoul
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2005

Seen him a number of times in Calgary. If anything else, it's topnotch handbag house and the ladies come in full force. As far as the actual music goes, I've definetly heard some really medicore and "fluffy" sets from him. Somehow though, last set I heard from him was one of the best deep house sets I've heard in a long time. I'd say leave your preconceptions at the door, bring some lady friends, and your sure to have a good night.
            Groove is in the air

Comment

• mettkea
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Have seen him twice in Minneapolis. Laid back house would be my description. Really good summer music though.

Comment

• shan
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

yeah just picked up some of their tunes very nice alright

Comment

• shan
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ikenator
                  Anyone have any Kaskade sets at all? I'm wanting to go see him when he comes through at the end of January and I was wondering how good he is... Any sets or comments?
                  i have picked a few up today mate if you want to hit me on slsk

Comment

• megan love
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jan 2005

I've got a few of his sets as well. You can hit me up on slsk (username = chantarene).

As far as production goes ... I used to buy a lot of his tracks a couple of years ago. It was pretty good (mostly vocal type) house. Definitely a bit on the fluffy side, but nice and sexy. As of late he's gotten a bit too cheesy for my taste. More of a mainstream vocal house sound.

Set-wise, it's hit and miss for me. I dig most of his studio mixes (such as San Francisco Sessions, Sounds of OM, etc) but the live sets that I've heard are a bit too "big room" vocal type stuff. Then again, I'm extremely picky when it comes to this style of music because I play mostly deep house.

I would suggest the same thing that MetroSoul did ... just go and have a good time. Kaskade is a good DJ and I'm sure he'll play what's appropriate for the venue/crowd. He's quite nice on the eyes too (not that you care).

Comment

• ZendoBro
                      Mr. Roboto
                      • Dec 2004

I have his first CD. Is his House of OM CD worth picking up?
                      I am no cyberwhore...
                      http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

Working...