X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckman
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

We're all terrorists now

According to recent press reports, Pentagon officials have been spying on what they call "suspicious" meetings by civilian groups, including student groups opposed to the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" ban on lesbian, gay and bisexual military personnel. The story, first reported by Lisa Myers and NBC News last week, noted that Pentagon investigators had records pertaining to April protests at the State University of New York at Albany and William Patterson College in New Jersey. A February protest at NYU was also listed, along with the law school's LGBT advocacy group OUTlaw, which was classified as "possibly violent" by the Pentagon. A UC-Santa Cruz "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" protest, which included a gay kiss-in, was labeled as a "credible threat" of terrorism.
    Counterterrorism agents at the Federal Bureau of Investigation have conducted numerous surveillance and intelligence-gathering operations that involved, at least indirectly, groups active in causes as diverse as the environment, animal cruelty and poverty relief, newly disclosed agency records show.

One F.B.I. document indicates that agents in Indianapolis planned to conduct surveillance as part of a "Vegan Community Project." Another document talks of the Catholic Workers group's "semi-communistic ideology." A third indicates the bureau's interest in determining the location of a protest over llama fur planned by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
    These were in the Times.Sorry no direct link.Got it from another board
    " Darkness Imprisioning Me
    All That I See
    Absolute Horror
    I Cannot Live
    I Cannot Die
    Trapped In Myself
    Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28
  • robprunzit
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: We're all terrorists now

Dude, appreciate the story, but you could be spreading gossip without direct links. Who knows how those stories are reported in the Times, or anywhere when the word is reported without links to read it for ourself. I believe some truth is probably there though, but I would google and find the facts before spreading what may or may not be correct.

Just my thoughts, no harm done. Don't take me the wrong way please!
    AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

• buckman
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Thanks no problem
      " Darkness Imprisioning Me
      All That I See
      Absolute Horror
      I Cannot Live
      I Cannot Die
      Trapped In Myself
      Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Oh, but wasn't there more stuff like this all over the news? I remember readin something similar on a news site, I just wish where and when, lol.
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

umm i read the NY times co ver to cover, dont remember this. see if you find te links.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Yea I'll try bro, would shed some light on the issue of course

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

NEW YORK: US civil rights groups have filed multiple freedom of information requests around the country to uncover...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Will this do?

Comment

• neoee
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Just have to add this for humor:

From the whitehouse website via salon.com:

[["Now, by the way," he said, "any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think 'Patriot Act,' constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution."

That certainly seems to be different from what Bush is saying now -- that over the past three years, he has authorized and repeatedly reauthorized the "interception" of communications without warrants.]]
                "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...