X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Phone bullshit

So I got a phone call today at about 4:00 from the Red Cross asking me to donate blood again. It was an automated call, so I hung up on it... as I hung up, the phone reset itself. Once it turned back on it said "Invalid Battery" on it. It's said that ever since. I've removed the battery and cleaned the contacts on the battery and phone itself, but it still says it. The phone was almost dead to begin with, and it won't charge because it has an "Invalid Battery." I'm stuck without my phone! damnit!

LUCKILY when I saw the problem I went through my phone and put all my phone numbers in my Outlook. I have my company phone (which pulls it's number from my Contacts in Outlook) that I'm going to turn on and start using until I can get a replacement phone... so I won't lose any phone numbers.
  • picklemonkey
    • Jun 2004

Re: Phone bullshit

just ordered a free upgrade by signing up for a 2-year contract... getting a Samsung e335. was the only free phone (or reasonable phone... all others were over $100) that had all options that my current phone has. seems pretty cool. anyone have one of these? I have no problem with a 2-year contract, either. I fucking love T-Mobile

Comment

• johnson3161
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

My friend has one and I don't think its that great. But that is because I'm a phone whore who loves the latest gadgets such as a 1.3 megapixel camera. Couldn't you have gotten a Motorola RAZR free? or do you dislike them?

Comment

• picklemonkey
        • Jun 2004

I was looking at it, but it would've cost me like 70 bucks or something. fuck that. i'll take a free upgrade from the one I have now, and I would've paid for the $20 phones that were there (if they'd have been worth it).

Comment

• johnson3161
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Where did you get your new contract at? Was at best buy or some big store or a little mom and pop type shop? I thought RAZR's are free. Maybe in only in California only?

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

t-mobile.com

Comment

• FM
              Wooooooo!
              • Jun 2004

flash firmware if applicable, or try taking it in and having the phone hard set back to factory standards (basically a reformat losing everything)

or when in doubt:

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
              Facebook!
              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• johnson3161
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

I think cause you went with tmobile.com. In california there are a lot of small mom and pop type of cell phone stores that have RAZRs for free with only one year contract. My friend got one like that. Well hope you like your phone thats all that matters.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  • Jun 2004

I already have my contract with t-mobile that I can't break... I just went with t-mobile.com because I knew it'd be the quickest, easiest way to get a free phone. now my contract is sitting at something like 3yrs, but fuckit.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

How's T-Mo service in your area ? around these parts (which are nothing but hills and sticks), you'd better be at an elevation to get something even remotely close to reception. Verizon on the other hand.... you could be buried 6 feet under the ground and you'd still get service
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                    Originally posted by ace_dl
                    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

T-Mobile is awesome here! I never have problems with it.

The funny thing is Kansas City is the Sprint World Headquarters... they have a uge campus that can employe like 50k people or some crazy shit. Even with the world headquarters here, Sprint has proven to be the worst service in the area. I've had so many friends wiht Sprint here that could never get a signal anywhere they were... constantly bitching.

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

i hate t-mobile... and cingular, which i have right now. worst 2 imo. moving to sprint asap, apparantly it has easily the best coverage around here (or so my friends that have worked as cell phone sales reps for the last 4 years say so )

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Dont ever go with Sprint Pelo - I had the WORST time with them... no service what-so-ever, their Tech Support NEVER document customer complaints so when you address the issue at a later stage, they say, oh this is the first time you're doing it... I complained to them for 6 months about bad service until one fine day I decided to quit and went with Verizon cause they won some award for best service in the Boston area for 10 running years.... NEVER considered moving away from them.... they're awesome
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• peloquin
                            Till I Come!
                            • Jun 2004

i have heard similar things about just about every cell company though... my conclusion is that they ALL SUCK, but sprint has the best area coverage here.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

I've read some nightmares about Verizon too - profit oriented company that doesnt really care for their customers as a few posters on other forums have summarized, but I've never had the need to call tech support because of problems and so I'm pretty happy with my service...

I had friends visiting from NY / NJ area and both t-mo and cingular had NO SERVICE throughout PA..... verizon was on all the way....
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...