Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neoee
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: China, the worlds next superpower???

Originally posted by runningman
    just remember that it was the USA that is "not affraid" to use them when they feel threatened.. for you to say that the USA is not at all a little trigger happy I think you under estimate the USA. The USA intends on using all of there weapons. that's why they made them.
    That's the silliest things I've heard. We would probably be the last to use them. We have experience with them, we understand the destruction they can cause. If you were to place a loaded gun on a table and have a 13yo and a 30yo person which of the two do you supposed would be more likely to fire it off? The same would apply here. Countries who these technologies are new to are treating them like toys. Just look at India and Pakistan. They don't quite understand the consequences like we do. We also consider the economic fallout, among other things, that would occur. Again, I have a feeling that less developed countries don't even ponder the thought.
    Last edited by neoee; January 26, 2006, 02:26:25 AM.
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

That sounds pretty logical to me I gotta say.

@ runningman: did you mean Japan or Taiwan? I know there's a damn tense relationship with the latter one, and I'm still in doubt wether that conflict can be resolved without bloodshed. However, I do think that if China tries to annexate it by force, the Western world won't do a thing. Simply because in the end they can get more profit off China's booming economy than off Taiwan...
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

whenever a communist country does something the west must answer.. the communist country is doing it for a reason.. If the USA thinks they can lose money over it they will respons.. just remember the first to act is usually the one that loses..

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

This 'fight' will first take place between the economies, military action will only take place in the periphery. If it's going to be anything like some of you here say, this is another cold war in the making, this time the world's resources are at stake though.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

I've studied the cold war over and over. It was a war fought by spies and military intelligence. Like whoever stated earlier, the nukes were for show. Both countries were shitting their pants and thus it was a game of who could bluff the other. Runningman, I'm sorry mate, but your 'theories' about US retaliation are far off.

The US has used nukes once and only once and it was for the bettermint of mankind. Fighting a naval warfare in the Pacific rim and a ground and air war on the Euro fronts depleted US resources. France was out of the game due to exhausted infantry and Russia's only chance at survival was father winter. The english were having the war pushed back on to english territory.

Believe me mate, I know about my country and the history of my country much better than most people do on these boards.
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Scarface
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jan 2006

China is coming, but they are overestimated. It will last at least two generations till they get equal to the states or europe!! Why?? Cause things are only concentrated on big cities like shanghai peking and two or three other cities. What about the infrastructure?? You can?t build up such a big country with this poor infrastructure. There`s still a lot of agriculture there and streets are pretty bad. Forgot about the Tiger states?? Everybody thought they will be the new economic power, but they don`t grow as much as they did before. To have an efficient economical growth most important thing is what the state does. And China is still Communism!!! There are a lot of more things to mention, but this would last too long. Conclusion: China is coming, but not as strong as most people think!

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

It's already there FYI. I alread read somewhere that the Chinese economy has passed the American one, Europe is still # 1 but not for long either.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

China isn't a communist nation any more...I was watching cnbc last night and the market is growing very rapidly in china and india and even bulgaria.
                  Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Scarface
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jan 2006

it is still communism cause my prof should know that and he is prof for all economic things you can imagine(i´m studying economics at the moment). i recently spoke with him about china and said china is not communistic any more. but he just said the structures of china change to marketoriented thinking, but the state is still communism, cause in china most things are still decided centrally from beijing. it´s true that marketgrowth of china is bigger than in modern industrial states, but that´s no wonder cause the level of most parts of the country is still very low(same in india bulgaria and so on). you can´t regard marketgrowth as only thing to mention for the
                    economic growth of the whole country. state is still important, cause it sets the rules for the marketplace. and china will stay communistic in state for a longer time in my opinion, so they will block themselves from further gain of marketpower.

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Then confront your prof with this term:

State Capitalism

Because in the real sense of the word there's nothing communistic about the country anymore since it entered the world market. It did so onder strict state control however, and it's the state that gets the profits in this case as well.

Comment

• Scarface
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Yao
                        Then confront your prof with this term:

State Capitalism

Because in the real sense of the word there's nothing communistic about the country anymore since it entered the world market. It did so onder strict state control however, and it's the state that gets the profits in this case as well.

yeah , ok, but maybe i couldn?t really explain. chinas market has got a lot of capitalistic attitudes, the state also, but the organization of the state is still communistic, maybe not only, but in the most things(especially law), and very important, only the elite of the country acts capitalistic the majority is still captured in communistic thinking and change of that lasts at least one or two generations. i was there for three months last year and believe me it?s not as impressive there as people are talking about china at the moment.

Comment

Working...