X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZendoBro
    Mr. Roboto
    • Dec 2004

Thoughts On Vegetarians

So I've been a vegetarian for a little over two years now. I enjoy the new lifestyle and feel much healthier. I live in South Dakota and it gets rather difficult at times to cater to my diet. I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian meaning I eat animal byproducts such as milk, cheese, and eggs. Anyway. Over Christman vacation I had two people criticize my choice of diet. First of all. I don't think people who eat meat are bad people. It's your choice what you want to put in your body. Second I think PETA is crazy. Third I don't think people that hunt are evil either. Although I have more respect for people who hunt with bows instead of high powered rifles. One thing I don't understand is why must meat eaters push their views on me. One thing they always bring up is eggs. Well... In case you didn't notice that's not a baby chicken you're consuming. Second they also bring up that livestock are raised to be killed. Wow! I cannot justify killing an animal for myself so I can eat it. I understand that there is a certain amount of killing that must take place for us to survive, but don't push your meat eating views on me. Stop trying to think show me the "errors of my way" too. End of rant.
    I am no cyberwhore...
    http://www.myspace.com/zendobro
  • nbpgt
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Thoughts On Vegetarians

i have a few friends that are veggies but are opposite of you, they kinda look at me crazy cause i am consuming cow. but whatever.. im fine with it.

Comment

• ZendoBro
      Mr. Roboto
      • Dec 2004

Definitely understandable. There's some reason I think that you shouldn't eat meat, but if you do I don't think you're wrong.
      I am no cyberwhore...

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

damn hippies.

eat a steak. it tastes great with BBQ sauce.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

well, at least you're not one of those psuedo-vegetarians that cringe and run from the room when the mere mention of meat happens...

As long as you're getting what you would need on this type of eating lifestyle and can compensate the lacks elsewhere, go for it. The fact you eat by-products is a good sign, but also the biggest key is when you said you feel healthier. And that's what ultimately counts.
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• ZendoBro
            Mr. Roboto
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
            damn hippies.

eat a steak. it tastes great with BBQ sauce.
            I haven't been a vegetarian my entire life.
            I am no cyberwhore...

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

i'm a carnivore too. and i cant picture life without NY Strips and A1.
                but i dont need to push my views on you. if you want to eat tapas whilst im mowing through some cow, so be it.
                i could care less.
                my gf doesnt eat red meat. other than that occasional Wendy's burger. so the ONE problem i do have with it is having to cook two things everytime i make dinner. but thats life right. if you cant do what you want to do then you're a fucking prisoner.

Comment

• alexmigi
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Dec 2005

i don't generaly care what other people do to themselves, whatever makes you happy. i just have one question. you can't justify killing an animal for yourself so that you can eat it, but you can justify killing a plant. if you go deep enough there is really no difference what to kill a plant or an animal, both are alive.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                    Vortexuralizor
                    • Jun 2004

good point alex.
                    like abortion protesters say: "Murder is Murder"
                    whether its a fetus or a 10 year old kid.
                    whether its a root or a walking animal.

Comment

• ZendoBro
                      Mr. Roboto
                      • Dec 2004

The most popular arguement of all. In my original post I said that I understand there must be some killing to survive. In fact when we boil water we're killing bacteria in the water etc. By consuming things such as plants and vegetables I'm just consuimg what the plant bares, which is usually for reproductive purposes, but I'm not killing the plant itself. The plant will continue to live until it naturally dies. This is a quality that most animals lack.
                      I am no cyberwhore...

Comment

• ZendoBro
                        Mr. Roboto
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                        good point alex.
                        like abortion protesters say: "Murder is Murder"
                        whether its a fetus or a 10 year old kid.
                        whether its a root or a walking animal.
                        I'm pro-choice...
                        I am no cyberwhore...

Comment

• picklemonkey
                          Double hoodie beer monster
                          • Jun 2004

i know quite a few vegetarians, for different reasons. some because they're actually allergic to meat, other because they think they're fat, others because they don't want to kill animals. I've lived with a couple of vegans at one time, and I completely agree with jibs on the annoying-as-hell-when-trying-to-cook-meals part. the two friends I lived with ate meat when I first moved in with them... then toward the end of our lease they stopped eating meat because they were fat. then they decide they didn't want to kill animals so they stopped consuming all animal products altogether... meat, milk, cheese, eggs, etc. it was annoying being in the middle of their "change" because it all started with a stupid reason. then again, these are the same two girls that were lesbians just because they "didn't want to get pregnant"

it's all a matter of doing what makes you happy. Zendo bro, don't let non-vegans annoy you too bad but you gotta understand it's just like religion or politics. everybody thinks they have the right answer while thinking everyone else is wrong. you can't blame us for being curious... if you need help coping with the questions and criticism, hook up with cowardlydj for a bit and see how he deals with it

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            Double hoodie beer monster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ZendoBro
                            By consuming things such as plants and vegetables I'm just consuimg what the plant bares, which is usually for reproductive purposes, but I'm not killing the plant itself. The plant will continue to live until it naturally dies. This is a quality that most animals lack.
                            that's why we eat veal

Comment

• palmer
                              Retired or Simply Important
                              • Jun 2004

I'm actually tempted to become a vegetarian namely because I think growing animals without heads and genetically modifying them so that they produce more meat for us is fucked up. I'd rather put in the work myself and hunt or slaughter the shit myself, at least meet the motherfucker before I throw him on the grill. Now with that I'm burning my beef stir fry.
                              todayistomorrow
                              art direction | design | animation

Comment

Working...