X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guntaro
    Fresh Peossy
    • Dec 2005

Abramoff, Dems, and Republicans...

Looks like both Republicans and Democrats received tribal donations from this guy....corruption runs on both sides, doesn't it?

Democrats are hoping to gain political advantage from investigations into the lobbyist's activities and his ties to Tom DeLay, yet many benefited from Abramoff's political operation.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Abramoff, Dems, and Republicans...

yep yep

the US citizen should be estactic about this. finally, we have an oppurtunity get rid of the special interest factor in gov't lobbying. maybe we will be able to get the gov't working for us again. its sad that no one realizes that most politicians make 100K a year salary, but somehow become millionaires while in office. at the least the head retard in charge was a millionaire b4 we elected him.

the only lobbying organizations that should be allowed are ""consulting organizations"" and by that i mean the US bar assoc., the CPA societies, the doctor societies and NOT the pharmaceutical companies, and most of all NOT THE UNIONS. i think you can catch my drift. allow the companies who have to actually deal with the government influence daily to have input in the process, not to have the money control it.

oh yeah, SHHHH not a big secret but for some reason it hasnt hit yet, but a certain supreme court justice's clerk is a former employee of greenberg thaurig.

the one thing that sticks out in my mind is that the democrats he had in his pocket are the leaders of the party..... and we all know the democrats will do ANYTHING for thier own party and never go against it.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• anonin
      Juvenile Delinquent
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by thesightless
      yep yep

the US citizen should be estactic about this. finally, we have an oppurtunity get rid of the special interest factor in gov't lobbying. maybe we will be able to get the gov't working for us again. its sad that no one realizes that most politicians make 100K a year salary, but somehow become millionaires while in office. at the least the head retard in charge was a millionaire b4 we elected him.

the only lobbying organizations that should be allowed are ""consulting organizations"" and by that i mean the US bar assoc., the CPA societies, the doctor societies and NOT the pharmaceutical companies, and most of all NOT THE UNIONS. i think you can catch my drift. allow the companies who have to actually deal with the government influence daily to have input in the process, not to have the money control it.

oh yeah, SHHHH not a big secret but for some reason it hasnt hit yet, but a certain supreme court justice's clerk is a former employee of greenberg thaurig.

the one thing that sticks out in my mind is that the democrats he had in his pocket are the leaders of the party..... and we all know the democrats will do ANYTHING for thier own party and never go against it.
      i was in complete agreement with you until your last paragraph.

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

show me 2 examples of when a democrat broke party lines on any law, position, or referendum.

the only one i think of is the guy who spoke at the RNC who hasnt been a democrat outside of name in years.

trust me , they are all full of shit, but ill give some republicans credit for going against bush on the war, social security(which im all for), and other items.

Comment

• anonin
          Juvenile Delinquent
          • Oct 2005

show me 2 examples of when a democrat broke party lines on any law, position, or referendum.

the only one i think of is the guy who spoke at the RNC who hasnt been a democrat outside of name in years.

trust me , they are all full of shit, but ill give some republicans credit for going against bush on the war, social security(which im all for), and other items.
          are you a republican?

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

no. i lean right on some stuff and left on others. overall, i hate fiscal waste. its our money after all. generally i hate them all, and only have a handful i can deal with. and i think people should realize they are not there to be liked, they are there to make things better. (read mayor blooberg in NYC, city is better than it has ever been, but he still pisses people off a ton). oh yeah, 98% of them completely full of shit.

for instance.

1. abortion. should be legal when rape, incest and injury are factors, no questions asked. when a minor is involved, im all for it. but when 2 dumb college students are shitty and have a go, personally i dont agree with it, but i wont go crazy if they do.

2. gay marriage. giev them every single right as a hetero, but call it a civil union thereby avoiding the stepping on of toes of all parties.

3. weed- legalize, regulate andfeel free to tax. institute penalties simliar to drunk driving and cigarettes. everyone is happy.

4. war- there are better targets if we want to fight, africa's wonderful tourists hotspots for instance. and if he told us we were just deposing saddam off the bat, i would be a little more OK with the war. but like a pube's worth more OK.

Comment

• guntaro
              Fresh Peossy
              • Dec 2005

no. i lean right on some stuff and left on others. overall, i hate fiscal waste. its our money after all. generally i hate them all, and only have a handful i can deal with. and i think people should realize they are not there to be liked, they are there to make things better. (read mayor blooberg in NYC, city is better than it has ever been, but he still pisses people off a ton). oh yeah, 98% of them completely full of shit.

for instance.

1. abortion. should be legal when rape, incest and injury are factors, no questions asked. when a minor is involved, im all for it. but when 2 dumb college students are shitty and have a go, personally i dont agree with it, but i wont go crazy if they do.

2. gay marriage. giev them every single right as a hetero, but call it a civil union thereby avoiding the stepping on of toes of all parties.

3. weed- legalize, regulate andfeel free to tax. institute penalties simliar to drunk driving and cigarettes. everyone is happy.

4. war- there are better targets if we want to fight, africa's wonderful tourists hotspots for instance. and if he told us we were just deposing saddam off the bat, i would be a little more OK with the war. but like a pube's worth more OK.
              Damn, we think exactly alike, but I do probably lean a little more to the right than you...but the key is to be tolerant and rational...

Comment

• superdave
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Hopefully this brings down both Democrats and Republicans that are corrupt in Congress. The whole lobbyist concept seems corrupt to me. Like mentioned earlier, these guys make 100K plus a year and live like millionaires and are millionaires. They claim to be rich before they get in office, but that's a half truth. Why would someone spend millions to get a job that pays so little in comparison? Unless of course, they plan to get paid off by lobbyists and special interest groups and/or pass legislation to benefit their business interests.

Btw, one example of a Democrat breaking ranks was Joe Lieberman regarding the war. He agrees with what Bush is doing and caused the other Democrats to freak out. Besides him, no one else recently comes to mind. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi remind me of the Democrat versions of Tom Delay.
                Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...