X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

International movies ?

anyone interested ? watched a real good Indian movie.... refreshingly different for a change

http://movies.mercuryblogs.com/?p=18
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Re: International movies ?

does the chick in the background get naked? shes hot

will check it out, can i get this at hollywood video likely?

Comment

• jorre
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2005

Just read in a magazine that Americans don't even bother looking at foreign films... only hollywood sh*t... ... Has anyone seen Amélie Poulain?

Check it out if you like a good French movie

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Originally posted by peloquin
        does the chick in the background get naked? shes hot

will check it out, can i get this at hollywood video likely?
        nope, no nudity (or even kissing) in this film. While kissing is becoming slightly more acceptable in recent movies, this one has none
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• peloquin
          Till I Come!
          • Jun 2004

boooooooooooo!
          so am i likely to find it at hollywood video, or should i look online?

Comment

• peloquin
            Till I Come!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jorre
            Just read in a magazine that Americans don't even bother looking at foreign films... only hollywood sh*t... ... Has anyone seen Am?lie Poulain?

Check it out if you like a good French movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/
            i love that movie!

other foreign movies off the top of my head that i have:

La Cit? des enfants perdus (The city of lost children) FRANCE
            Batoru rowaiaru (Battle Royale) JAPAN
            Le Pacte des loups (brotherhood of the wolf) FRANCE
            Irr?versible FRANCE
            Un long dimanche de fian?ailles (A very long engagement) FRANCE
            Das Boot GERMANY

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

boooooooooooo!
              so am i likely to find it at hollywood video, or should i look online?
              sorry bruva, I have no frickin clue what Hollywood Video is. You could go to an Indian Store and see if you can rent the DVD.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• peloquin
                Till I Come!
                • Jun 2004

ah, k. hollywood video is a video rental store... i was under the impression that its a national chain, but maybe its local only (the headquarters is in oregon)

there is an indian store down the street where i get my samosas, ill look for it next time im in there

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

holy shit do you get the LARGE Samosas with green peas which are spicy as shit ? mmmmmm mouth watering now....
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Jibgolly
                    Vortexuralizor
                    • Jun 2004

Just read in a magazine that Americans don't even bother looking at foreign films... only hollywood sh*t..
                    this is one of THEE most retarded things i have ever read.
                    dont believe everything you read.

Comment

• jorre
                      Addiction started
                      • Dec 2005

Irr?versible FRANCE
                      I read that Memento (great movie!) is based on Irr?versible...at least the way the movie is made

I have Irr?versible on dvd, but I never watched it completely ... it's to hard man

Comment

• jorre
                        Addiction started
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                        this is one of THEE most retarded things i have ever read.
                        dont believe everything you read.
                        my bad.
                        I read it in an interview with Elijah Wood about the movie "Hooligans"...

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I read that Memento (great movie!) is based on Irr?versible...at least the way the movie is made

I have Irr?versible on dvd, but I never watched it completely ... it's to hard man
                          It's actually the other way around, As Memento was made before Irreversible. A lot of people asked the director of the film why he decided to film the film in reverse chronological order (including at the screening at the Toronto Film Festival), and he replied that it made the film a bit more complex and gave the film a bit of a happier sense of closure (he's right - but I still think it was a last minute decision influenced by Memento and its success).

When I first saw Irreversible, I really didn't like it, simply because of the excessive violence, and I had just watched another pretty shocking French film called Fat Girl (which was banned here in Ontario). Fat Girl was a pretty standard coming of age story that had one of the stupidest, manipulative shock endings I've ever seen. The whole ending generated the controversy that ended up getting it banned in Ontario and elsewhere, and pretty much was the only thing notable about the film. Having come fresh from that, I was pretty much feeling like I was being manipuated by another French movie, but this had a lot more going for it. You went from disliking Vincent Cassel's character so intensely to understanding that he's a bit of an asshole that really loved a woman (Monica Belluci) that he knew was better than he deserved.

The soundtrack to Irreversible was done by one of the guys from Daft Punk. Really good soundtrack.

Myself, I'm still really into a lot of Korean films and Hong Kong fare. Sammo Hung's debut as a film villain in SPL is absolutely one of the best Hong Kong action films to come along in some time.
                          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

Working...