X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Favorite show you attended in 2005

Best Prog.Sasha - Fabric March'05 & Circus (Liverpool) June'05.Diggers - Renaissance @ Pacha (Ibiza) Sept'05 (a welcome return to his non-electro best !) Hernan - Sankeys (Manchester) Oct'05 - the first 1-hr was simply classic-dark-prog).Best IbizaPVD, Oakey & Tiesto @ Cream (Amnesia) - amazing atmosphere .. sorry [ms] but this was the perfect anti-dote to the endless 2005 electro-overload.Biggest BargainCarl Cox - Space Terrace (free!) ... and I'm afraid that the much hyped New Indoor Terrace just doesn't have the same feel (Sasha's birthday set in 2004 before the re-vamp was the pinnacle for me !). Biggest Disappointment(s)Diggers - Air, Birmingham March'05 (4-hours of electro-plodding hell)Sasha - Air, Birmingham June'06 (preceded by THE worst warm up DJ ever ! Sasha turned up late/coked-up for the grave-yard slot .. couldn't plug his machine in, and then just hit the auto-pilot button).Hopes for 2006Some decent bills around the country would be nice for us workers (i.e. not isolated appearances in London and overpaid festival sets).Perhaps Sasha can finally bring his Fundacion nights over & Diggers can tour Bedrock on a weekend night - both supported by the likes of Desyn M, Hernan, Sander, Luke Fair, Derek Howell, Chris Fortier etc. ... alongside unearthed new talent !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Digweed-Live at club bleu, detroit. One of the best digweed set I have heard. He completely rocked the place.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• MetroSoul
        Getting Somewhere
        • Feb 2005

Shambhala way out in the mountains of BC. Great music permeating from every direction for 3 days/nights surrounded by 10000 of the coolest people I've ever partied with. Good times.
        Groove is in the air

Comment

• SupaLindo
          Getting Somewhere
          • Aug 2005

I attended a Hernan Cattaneo performance in Portugal Aug 5, 05. Not only did we meet and hang with hernan, he tore a new ass in that tiny country. I would attach pics if I knew how.

~S

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SupaLindo
            I attended a Hernan Cattaneo performance in Portugal Aug 5, 05. Not only did we meet and hang with hernan, he tore a new ass in that tiny country. I would attach pics if I knew how.

~S

thats awesome, id love to see those pics...u need some sort of website to attatch the pics to the u just copy the url adress into your post....

this is a free one

www.photobucket.com

Comment

• DreamGirlie
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MetroSoul
              Shambhala way out in the mountains of BC. Great music permeating from every direction for 3 days/nights surrounded by 10000 of the coolest people I've ever partied with. Good times.
              that sounds so fun. i wish they had stuff like that near me...
              "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• Troklo
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MetroSoul

Is it true what they did to the Ewok Village???
                Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Digweed @ Outlaws in Calgary
                  tied with
                  Digweed @ Standard in Edmonton

Comment

• I_Get_Radical
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Sep 2004

^ Am seriously impressed with those shows at The Standard. They absolutely piss on the work of some promoters here in Calgary.

Had a few good times out in Vancouver. Went to see Danny Howells play on his Miami Tour. That certainly didn't suck. Luke Fair played an 80's Miami Party in the basement of the Waldorf Hotel in Van aswell, followed by an afterhours on the beach. Again. Didn't suck.

Comment

• miketpoto
                      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                      • Jan 2005

^^^^^^^^ "didn't suck" ????? Are you Nomi Malone?

Comment

• AaronClark
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by palmer
                        best show was hands down > sean cusick
                        I agree....amazing.
                        Humanaut Pittsburgh

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                          • Jun 2004

Oct 29th - Digweed @ home. Awesome night. Great to see home (a club of just under 3000 capacity) still packed to the rafters with no room to move at 7:30 in the morning after more than 5 hours of digweed.

Michael Mayer @ glitch. This was around Jan or Feb. Simply put, Michael Mayer rocked it and I can't wait till he returns. Played for about 4 ot 5 hours from memory. The crowd loved every second of it.

Thrid place goes to Nic Fanciulli, who warmed up for Sasha and Zabiela @ home in late November. Simply put, Nic stole the show and played some nice twisted beats which set a pumping mood only to let Zabiela and then Sasha crash and burn.

Other notable performances go to Superpitcher, Meat Katie and Lee Coombes on NYD last year (which I only caught a tiny bit of), and the Plump DJs from the same day.
                          "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• deepntwisted
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

Like Simonr, Sasha @ Fabric and Liverpool were the best shows from last year. Despite getting last minute VIP entrance for Fabric and thereby some respite from the crush of the main floor this was still far too rammed and took the edge of what was a great night. Liverpool for me he played a better set the venue was amazing and some room to move. Went to Shindig in late August to see Sasha but for some reason he decided he was a techno DJ that night, he played far too hard. By comparison Satoshi Tomiie who played before Sash played a great set. Looking forward to 2006 no doubt be following Sasha and John again. Has anyone got the first UK dates for either this coming spring?

Comment

• Lorn
                              Looking for a title!
                              • Sep 2004

Digweed @ Spirit, NYC. Awesome night!

Comment

Working...