X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hansh20
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Re: new macs

i hope its as good as it looks, cause ive just told my gf to buy one of those, shes studying graphic design... so any good recomendations??? is mac pro the final option here?? please i need help with these one... specially the ones who know about this kind of softwares.
    " When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. "

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Out of curiosity, cos I'm not used to the performance figures on a mac, how much ram would an ibook ideally need to run apps like Office, Photoshop, Flash, and surf the net smoothly? My work machine has a miserly 256 and it feels sluggish, especially Firefox after it has been minimized to the dock.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• miketpoto
        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by feather
        Out of curiosity, cos I'm not used to the performance figures on a mac, how much ram would an ibook ideally need to run apps like Office, Photoshop, Flash, and surf the net smoothly? My work machine has a miserly 256 and it feels sluggish, especially Firefox after it has been minimized to the dock.
        How on earth can you live your daily life with 256megs of ram????? HOW????? I'd say bare minimum you want 768mb, but thats the low end IMO, go for the 1gig and things will be smooth sailin unless you are working with a lot of HD or large media rendering/editing and the like...

I have 2 gigs in my powerbook and she's very nice, and 4 gigs in my G5, and she's my wonderwall.

Comment

• miketpoto
          Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hansh20
          i hope its as good as it looks, cause ive just told my gf to buy one of those, shes studying graphic design... so any good recomendations??? is mac pro the final option here?? please i need help with these one... specially the ones who know about this kind of softwares.

Well, the macbook pro is just now shipping out, and the desktop pro machines wont be out for a while... As for graphic design software you just need to get the mac versions for whatever programs she has or wants to work with... Adobe CS2, Macromedia Studio (for web design)

Get yer ass to NYC and I'll give you a crash course

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
            How on earth can you live your daily life with 256megs of ram?????
            Well, it IS the company machine abd I'm only a writer I don't run anything intensive but yeah, I guess 1gb of RAM would be ideal, that's what I have on my PC at home.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...