If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
seems the new tide of fab is using western unoin only. kinda shady, you get no receipt fr the goods. and they are going away from paypal..
anyone deal with this. there is a high ticket item i want to pick up, but im not comfortable with no buyer guarantee and no insurance on getting mony back if i dont get it.
your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
I guess it would depend on how long the persons been with ebay, their feedback etc... If they were brand new or very recent and hadn't sold and/or purchased anything I'd be real leary. Great thing is you can check the feedback, see the items they've sold/bought (if any and it's recent) and then contact the buyer/seller to see if they had any problems... Dude, I'm Mr. Ebay so if you have any questions pm me and help ya through...
"only dead fish swim with the stream..."Malcolm Muggeridge
Absolute SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! Do a little research by googling Western Union and ebay and see how many hits you get from people imploring that others not fall into the same traps they have. Usually it's someone from Nigeria or some godforsaken foreign country that wants you to mail the item with a "confirmation number" from Western Union. A friend of mine got hit with this about 4 months ago even after I tried warning him.
A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
I'd never do the western union thing again. The last time I tried it, I ended up paying WU a handling fee of a couple extra dollars so the MO could get to the guy sooner. I'll never do that crap again.
...so then doesn't ebay know about it? isn't it in their best interest to try and filter out this kind of shit?
Only if you point it out to them... There's so much of this kinda shady crap on ebay it's ridiculous. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if some these "accounts" are hacked/hijacked. Happened to me once and the guy who did it tried to sell stolen tires.. Tip: Make your password a pass "phrase" or small sentence and change it regularly.
"only dead fish swim with the stream..."Malcolm Muggeridge
...so then doesn't ebay know about it? isn't it in their best interest to try and filter out this kind of shit?
You'd think, but I don't think that they actually give a crap. I've been ripped off 3 times by people who actually dealt with Pay Pal. I never got all of my $$$$$$$$$$$ back.
got ripped off once. Should have known better...got some of it back through EBay fraud protection, but was out around $125...fuckers...
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment