X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Alito confirmation hearings -- Democrats disgust me

Watching the recent confirmation of Alito is really disgusting because of the Democrats outrageous behavior. I knew to expect them to attack Alito and fight viciously, but it's horrible to watch what appears to be a decent person get attacked liked this.

For those that don't know what's going on, Alito is being insinuated as a racist, bigot, misogynist, hates civil rights, and commits financial crimes. The Democrats are simply throwing as much at him as they can and hope that any guilt by accusation will hopefully stick.

I hope the public sees this and votes against the Democrats later this year.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • geoffgulley
    Platinum Poster
    • Apr 2005

Re: Alito confirmation hearings -- Democrats disgust me

Snore.... apparently we're blind to recent history.

Last time I checked Republicans used the system to block dozens of Clinton nominations, which, by the way were conveniently left for George W. Bush to fill.
    The GOP was particularly zealous in blocking appointments to appeals courts, which, in case some of you don't know, actually decide matters of law.
    Fast forward to today and our jolly Republicans are painting the Bush administration as the victim of Democratic partisanship. I find this interesting because to a far greater degree than the Democrats who controlled the Senate during six of the Reagan-Bush I years, the Republican Senate went to ridiculous lengths to keep Clinton from appointing even moderate judges, especially to appeals courts.
    The Republican Congress also refused to create new judgeships necessary to handle an expanding population and caseload.

Fact: Under President Carter, 152 additional federal judgeships were created. Reagan and Bush each got 85, Clinton just nine... NINE.
    Under Reagan and Bush, the Senate (then controlled by Democrats) typically approved presidential nominations to the appellate bench within three to four months.
    When the roles were reversed and Republican senators were in charge, the average delay rose to more than seven months in Clinton's second term and 280 days in Clinton's last two years. By the end of the Clinton presidency the Senate had confirmed only 39 of 81 pending judicial nominees and just eight to appeals courts. Forty-two were left to lapse.
    This happens year in and year out no matter who controls the majority in Senate.....
    And in case you're wondering I'm a moderate... socially liberal and fiscally conservative.
    Last edited by geoffgulley; January 12, 2006, 09:00:31 AM.
    "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• MetroSoul
      Getting Somewhere
      • Feb 2005

Canada is run by liberals. However, if you actually look past the label "liberal", you'll see things really aren't that bad up here. The liberals are corrupt and people are still scared to death about a conservative government. Of course, should you watch FOXnews, then liberal is just a pseudonymn for enemy. It's funny, watching a CBC interview with Ann Coulter had her paint anyone with an alternate political viewpoint as an extremist who hates America. Then the showed a clip of Bill O'Riely and disected about 5 minutes of fotage to be lies made up on the spot with zero credibility. Just made up imaginary facts from imaginary sources on the spot. Land of the free indeed.

Anyways, that was all rather off topic I guess. So how about superdave writes a post about everytime the republicans tell a lie? We might need a new server for this task though. I don't support either American party in particular, but up in Canada, where the media seems to be more objective, Bush & Co. don't seem to have a shred of regard for the future of your country.
      Groove is in the air

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superdave

For those that don't know what's going on, Alito is being insinuated as a racist, bigot, misogynist, hates civil rights, and commits financial crimes.
        all this from ted kennedy, alcholic, accused sexual offender, known racist, corrupt in business and owner of the biggest monopoly in US history, and someone who has aided in the cover up of a murder.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• FM
          Wooooooo!
          • Jun 2004

Kennedy's done some decent stuff here and there, but apparently he's been chosen the "leader" of this attack...bad choice...
          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
          Facebook!
          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...