Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peloquin
    Till I Come!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Yet again, peyton blames someone else.

i like the colts, but at the point of this game i was rooting for the steelers.

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

This was supposedly the Colts year and they blew it again. I don't think they'll be taken seriously now until they do actually get to the Super Bowl or win it.

Peyton complained about lack of protection because he was getting blitzed constantly. Isn't that what San Diego did to him in their first loss of the regular season? That's now the game plan to beat Peyton and Indy. If Peyton were a true professional, then he
      would see what the other teams are doing to him and make adjustments.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

^ it isn't just peyton that has to make that adjustment... it is him AND his whole team, especially the coach. you guys act like the blame totally lies on peyton. i'd say it is more the coach's fault than anything... having said that, i feel really bad for dungee because despite their great reg season record, he has had a very bad year.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• peloquin
          Till I Come!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
          ^ it isn't just peyton that has to make that adjustment... it is him AND his whole team, especially the coach. you guys act like the blame totally lies on peyton. i'd say it is more the coach's fault than anything... having said that, i feel really bad for dungee because despite their great reg season record, he has had a very bad year.
          a very bad last month really...

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
            garrick, you da man, but you are completely wrong here. thier system is completely built around peyton coming to the line and reading the defenses, he calls his own plays and designes his own drives. he never picked up the scheme's yesterday, never found out where the blitz was coming from,and finally, and you can go back and watch it, he NEVER took the hit. he was shortarming the passes when under pressure, never stayed in the pocket, he got happy feet and let the D chase him down, and lastly , i cant remember what drive, but in the third quarter he was under heavy pressure he called a WIDE OPEN reggie wayne back from his route to come in for a dump pass when reggie was wide open downfeild and all peyton had to toss it and take the hit. he only had 1 completion from the pocket while under pressure. this game proved he is not a great QB, just a number cruncher. he can break all the records but has shit the bed in every elimination game in his career.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• hulkhuss
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

wide right!!!!!!!!!! Vanderjackass

the only was the colts will win the super bowl is if they hire john gruden as coach!!
              http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• buckman
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Heres a Nice little didy about Peyton from ESPN's page 2

By DJ Gallo
                Special to Page 2

There are some people who will call Peyton Manning the dreaded "C" word today. Yeah ? "choker." But calling him a choker simply isn't fair, because Peyton Manning is far more than someone who fails when it counts year after year after year.

For instance, he's also someone who throws his teammates under the bus, which -- it goes without saying -- is something every quarterback and team leader should try to do whenever possible. (Are you listening, Tom Brady? This is why you don't set regular season passing records! You need to be less of a team player!) Or not.

Looks like there was a little trouble with the protection, huh Peyton?By now I'm sure you've all heard or read about Manning's postgame comments Sunday, in which he said: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? let's just say we had some problems with protection."

Sure, it may sound as though Manning stabbed his linemen in the back -- or in the knee, in the Colts' case -- but I say cut him some slack. The guy is frustrated about coming up short every season. All I want for him is to learn from his mistakes and take more responsibility for his own failings when the Colts are inevitably eliminated next season.

That's why I've put together a few team-friendly alternatives he can use the next time he hears the words, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here" come out of his mouth. I'm hopeful they'll be of use to him.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I'll try to imagine what it's like to be imperfect."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I'm going to buy my liquored-up, idiot kicker an entire case of vodka."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I'll consider retaining Tony Dungy as my associate head coach next season."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I'm taking the whole team on tour with Kenny Chesney."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I won't ask my daddy to get my offensive line traded."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so next year I might even run a play or two that my offensive coordinator calls."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? so I'm going to let Tee Martin start for me in the playoffs from now on."

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here ? but instead I'll just be myself."

Headlines That Are Probably in Newspapers This Morning ?

Washington: "Redskins left to wonder if Week 2 watercooler dousing of Joe Gibbs was perhaps a bit premature"

Seattle: "Here's a [expletive deleted] surprise: Rain in forecast for NFC title game"

New England: "Quite frankly, Tom Brady is apparently not all the Patriots need"

Denver: "Shanahan still without two playoff game victories since Elway retired"

Charlotte: "Delhomme shot with high-powered tranquilizer dart to calm him down for flight home"

Chicago: "Lack of playoff neck beard dooms Grossman"

Pittsburgh: "Broncos ask to play AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh"

Indianapolis: "Vanderjagt, Colts outchoke refs, Bettis in historic choke-off"

Canada: "Ontario native Vanderjagt boots potential game-tying kick aboot 10 yards wide" (Subhead: "Eh")

United States: "Nation waits to learn fate of five offensive linemen thrown under Colts' team bus"

Ten Things I Thought I Thought While Staging a Sit-In at a Starbucks ?

Every play Troy Polamalu makes looks better because of his hair.1. I can't be positive, but when referee Pete Morelli went under the instant replay hood to look at Troy Polamalu's interception, I bet Paul Tagliabue came on the screen and said: "Yeah, I'm going to need you to overturn this and call it an incompletion, mmkay? See, we really want the Colts to make the Super Bowl, mmkay? So just say he never had possession. Try an explanation with the term 'football move' in it, mmkay? Nobody knows what that means."

2. The NFL should be embarrassed about the quality of the officiating this weekend. How were those guys supposed to be the best crews in the league? And more importantly, where was my main man Eddie Hocks (that's the name we call him at the gym, but it's "Ed Hochuli" to those of you not so blessed in matters bicep)? Somewhere this weekend he was pumping iron, preparing to put the smackdown on every referee who blew a call and sullied the reputation of NFL referees. It will be ugly, and he will show no mercy.

3. Yes, we saw the Peyton Manning Face again, but we also spotted the rebirth of a much rarer face: the Bill Belichick Face. Although residents of Cleveland know that face quite well. (Hey, if it's OK to say Pete Carroll isn't a good coach because of his failings with the Jets and Patriots, it makes just as much sense to say Belichick isn't either due to his far worse results with the Browns.) In fairness though, the Belichick Face doesn't look that much different than the one he shows when the Patriots win the Super Bowl, mainly because he seems able to crush all joy associated with even the greatest accomplishments. It's a mark of the great ones. And the clinically depressed ones.

4. People are always complaining about large corporations. But when they do something positive they should be commended. Take MasterCard for example. Sunday night, after the Colts' loss, it started running a new Peyton Manning "D-CAF" spot showing various bloopers he made during filming. And then the ad closes with the line: "Not being perfect ? priceless." Absolutely. Awesome. The fact that they had that cued up waiting for the Colts to lose, well ? feel free to raise my interest rate to 29.99 percent, MasterCard. I'll pay anything you ask.

5. Interesting piece of information from, of all people, Tony Siragusa during the Seahawks-Redskins game when he said Washington had prepared all week to play in rain by repeatedly dunking footballs in a bucket of water. What he neglected to share was that Seattle had similarly prepared to face Sean Taylor by ? well, you can take it from there.

6. Speaking of commercials, I also like that NFL apparel one with the line: "All you need is passion ? and a torso." It always reminds me of the requirements the Bears' franchise has for its quarterbacks.

7. DeShaun Foster's broken ankle was first reported as a high ankle sprain during the game Sunday. And if you're keeping track like I am, that's now 3,684,214 athletes reported to have high ankle sprains, with the much rarer low ankle sprain still lagging behind at zero.

8. This Matt Hasselbeck-Jake Delhomme matchup in the NFC Championship game could be awesome. Both of them are a wee bit excitable, to say the least. I can just imagine their teammates with them in the huddle near the end of a tight game with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line: "Come on ? sound it out ? tell us the play. Just one word at a time. You can do it. Just breathe deep. Come on. You need to stop shaking and tell us the play. Let's go now ? relax. Baby steps. Just say a word. Say a word. Say a word. Say anything. Grunt even. Ah, great ? the play clock ran out again."

9. Next week will be the first time in five years that the conference championship round will be Eagles and Patriots-free. Which is a shame, really. I never felt as though we got to hear enough about those two teams. They kind of flew under the radar a bit on us, didn't they? But as disastrous as Philadelphia's season was this year, it must be nice for the Eagles to experience the month of January without being weighed down with an overwhelming sense of impending doom.

Big Ben might just be growing a beard that can match Jake Plummer's.10. I pull absolutely zero weight in the sports media world, but is it too much for me to ask that this week's AFC Championship quarterback matchup between Jake Plummer and Ben Roethlisberger be officially dubbed the Beard Bowl? And, more importantly, that the winner be given Katie Holmes for a week? I feel I've earned that much.

Conference Championship Previews

I'm 7-1 against the spread so far this postseason, y'all. Quite frankly, I'm all you need. (If what you need for some unknown reason is to eventually go bankrupt.)

Carolina at Seattle
                A heavy rain begins falling at kickoff, and a particularly large drop knocks Shaun Alexander out of action with another concussion. And, Carolina's Steve Smith is left essentially useless as well, struggling to run in the waist-high water. With their only offensive weapon held in check, the Panthers lose, sending the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. (Which in turn, unfortunately, triggers the Apocalypse.) Seahawks 20, Panthers 17.

Pittsburgh at Denver
                Convinced by Joey Porter's mid-week comments that play-action is "cowardly," the Broncos' offense struggles throughout the game. They are able to stay within striking distance, however, due to three Troy Polamalu interceptions that are overturned thanks to an obscure NFL rule requiring an interceptor to possess the ball for at least 75 seconds if he has long hair. Steelers 27, Broncos 17.

R.I.P. Patriots Dynasty

And finally, it wouldn't be right to finish this column without congratulating the Patriots for their remarkable run, while at the same time bidding adieu to their dynasty.
                Patriots Dynasty, 4, of New England, died January 14, 2006 at Invesco Field in Denver. Dynasty was born on January 19, 2002 to the Tuck Rule in Foxborough, Mass., and was confirmed weeks later at Super Bowl XXXVI. Surviving are a loving media and a large, but rapidly emptying bandwagon. Services will be held in the form of commemorative books and DVDs. In lieu of flowers, please stop disrespecting them.
                " Darkness Imprisioning Me
                All That I See
                Absolute Horror
                I Cannot Live
                I Cannot Die
                Trapped In Myself
                Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                  garrick, you da man, but you are completely wrong here. thier system is completely built around peyton coming to the line and reading the defenses, he calls his own plays and designes his own drives. he never picked up the scheme's yesterday, never found out where the blitz was coming from,and finally, and you can go back and watch it, he NEVER took the hit. he was shortarming the passes when under pressure, never stayed in the pocket, he got happy feet and let the D chase him down, and lastly , i cant remember what drive, but in the third quarter he was under heavy pressure he called a WIDE OPEN reggie wayne back from his route to come in for a dump pass when reggie was wide open downfeild and all peyton had to toss it and take the hit. he only had 1 completion from the pocket while under pressure. this game proved he is not a great QB, just a number cruncher. he can break all the records but has shit the bed in every elimination game in his career.
                  hehehe, i know i'm the man and i am sticking with my theory biotch! if peyton doesn't pick up the scheme, its the coach's job to pick that scheme up and tell peyton to adjust. the coach should still know more and be more aware of what's going on, or else what's the point of having a coach? i mean, i call my own plays at work and i'll keep pushing forward even if i'm doing something wrong until my boss (coach) tells me to do something differently. then i adjust and take it from there. you have your point and i have mine. both are good points.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• thesightless
                    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                    • Jun 2004

another thing i noticed was marvin harrison sitting on the end of the bench at the end of the game with his head down, staring at his shoes, all by his lonesome. he wasnt standing on the sidelines cheering, or even looking at film/ pictures, he basically gave up on his team. i think you will see a rift open up with this team in the offseason

GOD I LOVE BEING RIGHT>
                    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...