X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveman
    I love the colors!!!
    • Jul 2005

Re: Did you feel this...?

i may be stickin my neck out jumping into an argument, but shouldn't "good" music reguardless of style have a somewhat timeless quality to it?
    once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• peloquin
      Till I Come!
      • Jun 2004

not necessarily... a lot of older stuff sounds dated, but that may be part of its charm i reckon

Comment

• asdf_admin
        i use to be important
        • Jun 2004

it should ... you are correct. but also that is the thing with "good" music. ten years from now what you did consider "good" music perhaps can change. that's the thing about using the term "good" it really is all relative.
        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• daveman
          I love the colors!!!
          • Jul 2005

yeah, thats why i wanted to just stay out of it. pointless to talk about something that in the end boils down to your own opinion.

the timeless quality is something that i feel electronic music needs to probably focus a little more attention to. certain cd's like sasha and digweeds northern exposures for example (i picked it because i know a lot of you rank this one high) have a timeless quality to me. sure some of the tracks sound dated based on the new technologies/equipment creating new ways to manipulate sound. i only bring up the timeless quality as another possible may of rating your favorites. you could love that brand new set you have going right now, but in two three years hate it. i feel that good music should be something that you can keep going back to.

alright now i'm really done. i'm starting to anger and confuse myself.
          once upon a time, machines were mice, and men were lions. now that its the opposite, it's twice upon a time

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

ah. Timeless is something much different from "good" ... you are correct. Well, I guess good music can turn into Timeless music ... I refer to "good" as something a person has picked for themselves. Not top 40, not what Sasha and Digweed say is good. Something you have decided you enjoy and like. What that may be, well is another story. Some people like their coffee black, some with milk, some with sugar and milk, and some like it full of cocaine (my pick).

is the glass half full or have empty? hard to tell. decide for yourself.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• peloquin
              Till I Come!
              • Jun 2004

i am not a big coffee fan

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

exactly.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• az0000000
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by asdf_admin
                  first off numb nuts. You are correct I only I listen to good music. Why would I listen to bad music? Answer that one smart pants.
                  I am sure, the electronic music you listen to is good.
                  But, people, who told me they listen to any music just it has to be good, later listened to some commercial crappy pop. And I was thinking, those people's taste is as crappy as the cheep pop music the listen to. So a genre or style division is very important, because the "good" notion is as relative as could be.

one more thing, your an idiot and welcome to the board.
                  Now i really feel how smart you are, near me, the idiot one

Comment

• asdf_admin
                    i use to be important
                    • Jun 2004

^^^^ haha. you got me.

Here is my problem. I listen lot's of different styles of music. I do not just listen to one general genre. I love music, for me to limit myself is silly. The fact is, you and I are here, so you know we listen to "good" music. done and done.
                    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• az0000000
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kinetic
                      It?s not the 1st time I?ve heard this argument and I totally can?t understand it : being eclectic means you have no taste and don?t really love music...
                      Are you kidding me? Did i say electronic music is bad and that being eclectic means you have no taste??? You got me wrong mate.

Originally posted by Kinetic
                      (I don?t even know why I get into these types of arguments...discussing taste...sheesh...)
                      Exactly! I made this thread about house moving to electro house and tech house sub-genre, remember? Good music, bad music... may be we need some other whole thread for that?

By the way, did you give your vote?

Comment

• az0000000
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jan 2006

The fact is, you and I are here, so you know we listen to "good" music. done and done.
                        No doubts!

Comment

Working...