Time for my DJM - 300 to retire.... Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Time for my DJM - 300 to retire.... Any suggestions?

and you get mackie quality with it. they make very reliable mixers.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• 3d_1200
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

post a pic of this mackie please
      http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ad.php?t=24706

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DJJEFFJONES
        Hmmmm, hate to go used.... Do you like the 600?

I could possible go up to $1200
        you can get a djm500 brand new for 899.00 or so
        not ALOT different from the 600

Comment

• superchibisan
          Getting warmed up
          • Sep 2004

i got a numark dxm09, which is fucking sweet... 3 channels, with bad ass full control effects... completely digital too with look-ahead peak limiter that keeps you from blowing your system.

very nice for 350... and i got mine for 280. only problem is that channel two has a problem with not producing highs out of the left speaker... i don't know if they are all like this, but thrice they have done this to me with this mixer, im going to send it in to numark to have them completely fix it cause i like the mixer so much
          That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!

Comment

• DJJEFFJONES
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2005

Here is a link to the picture of the mackie 2 channel
            It has firewire also! That is pretty cool

http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

I really love how on these babies AND the new Urei's you can actually kill all the sound from the mixer just by turning the eq all the way to the left. Awesome. The mixing possibilities are endless. I gotta go find a pic of the new urei two channel too. if only they had a four channel mixer. It would be awesome.
                My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

not the best looking thing but I bet the sound is absolutely KILLER!!!

The UREI 1603 Installation Music Mixers provide a fully-featured control centre for Clubs and Performing DJs. With the legendary UREI sound quality, stunning looks and Soundcraft's exacting manufacturing construction, they are set to become the new standard in clubs worldwide. No club mixer has been designed to allow total integration with the club sound system while offering the pro dj all necessary the tools of the trade.

BUILT BY DJs FOR DJs

The 1603 offers many user friendly features for the club installer/sound engineer - most notably; a rotatable rear connector for table top or rack mount installation, input and output gain controls to configure the mixer to your set up, flexible connectivity for a range of inputs, external mute function AND Soundcraft professional input /output connectivity for unrivaled sound quality.

The 1603 also offers the Dj many pro features making life as a club dj that bit easier - most notably; the huge range of input possibilities (including convenient top panel aux in connectors), fx send and return, super smooth 3 band isolator EQ, ultra clear LED level monitoring, flexible and unique monitoring features within both the booth controls and the headphone monitoring AND of course the famous Urei sound.

KEY FEATURES
                    • 4 Full-function stereo channels
                    • Each has inputs selectable from Mic, Phono and Line connections
                    • Phono inputs are switchable to become Line level, individually
                    • Mic insert on channel 1 for ease of connecting external processing
                    • Rotateable rear panel allows connectors to be located on the rear or underneath of the console (for best cable access)
                    • External mute function mutes all channels except mic channel 1 to allow PA announcements but mutes music
                    • 3-band EQ on Channel 1 (Mic) +/-12dB
                    • 3-band ISOLATOR EQ on channels 2-7, isolating from full cut to +6dB
                    • 1 Aux send per channel: - Channel sends switchable pre/post fader individually; Aux Return conveniently located on top panel and can be assigned to crossfader
                    • Comprehensive CUE/Monitoring system, - Aux Send can be CUE'd to headphones, Aux Return can be CUE'd to headphones
                    • VCA-based crossfader reduces fader noise and allows fully variable control curves for total control of crossfade mixing style
                    • Headphone output on ¼" and Mini-jack connectors
                    • EQ on headphone output
                    • Booth and Master Outputs on XLR, balanced and RCA, unbalanced
                    • Comprehensive booth controls - EQ, mute function and L/R/stereo output selector
                    • Separate master mono output
                    • High Pass filter on Master and booth outputs eliminates stage or turntable rumble
                    • Balance control on Master output
                    • Master and booth Output Mono switching
                    • Dj Mic (channel 1 only) to booth output defeat switch
                    • Tri-colour LED shows Signal/Beat/Peak metering
                    • Split Cue Headphone switch
                    • Flip function switches Cue and Mix in headphones (L and R)
                    • 10-segment Blue/White/Red LED output metering, which can read Left/Right or Split Cue/Mix
                    • Integral rack ears for easy desktop/rack mounting
                    • Individual channel gain structure controls (boost - +14db or reduce -10db)
                    • Master output attenuator pads (engineer only -10 db and -20db)
                    My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

This is by for one of the best two channel mixers out there....

A purpose built digital mixer ergonomically designed to compliment modern djs enabling them to maximise their creative potential. Packed with unique features such as the two 32 beat, 24 bit assignable samplers with footswitch, the hi-pass filter to instantly remove turntable rumble and the aural exciter to boost those tightly pressed vinyls and to accentuate your scratches. Built to last with fully replaceable faders and knobs and reverse / curve adjust on all faders.

DJ-friendly features

The 1601S is a two channel performance mixer with clean, open fader section for quick manoeuvres, 360degree customisable phono line switches, cross fader monitor selector, backlit headphone out with EQ, ultra clear input and output level monitoring LEDs, full cut hi, mid, low EQ rotary pots, send and return fx loop, non-wear anodised top plate and many more dj-friendly features. You can see that a lot of thought has gone into this mixer with input from world renowned international djs making this a very versatile and customisable performance mixer complete with the legendary UREI sound quality.

Download UREI 1601S User Guide
                      Download UREI 1601/1601S Dimension Drawings
                      KEY FEATURES
                      • Two stereo channels with both phono and line level input, trim control and input clip LED (helps avoid distortion)
                      • 3 band EQ (Low, Mid, Hi) on both channels providing full cut through to +6dB boost
                      • Separate mic/line input with dedicated insert point and 2 band EQ
                      • Input fader slope control and reverse facility
                      • Comprehensive Aux/FX section with separate send/return levels and select options (attach external effects units)
                      • Dedicated Booth and House outputs, provided on both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA phono connectors (club quality outputs)
                      • Mono/stereo switching on both Booth and Master outs
                      • Send-and-return FX loop (attach external effects units)
                      • 80Hz HPF for removing turntable rumble (instantly cuts out feedback)
                      • 10 segment input/output metering with peak hold (super clear monitoring)
                      • Exciter section with frequency and mix controls (boost bad vinyl quality and scratches)
                      • High quality 45mm user-replaceable crossfader with reverse and rotary curve control
                      • 25mm user-replaceable monitor crossfader
                      • Flexible headphone monitoring section, with level, EQ and master/cue switching (large and small backlit jacks easy to find in the dark and eq helps avoid deafening)
                      • Session In & Out facility allow daisy chaining of mixers (for group session)
                      • Control surface Anodic printed top panel. Legend won't wear off
                      • Open battle area around main faders
                      • Easy removed top panel by six screws to allow access to user serviceable parts
                      SAMPLER SECTION
                      • 2 bank 32 beat facility with 24bit/96kHz performance
                      • Playback assignable to both channels
                      • Write from Cue, Channels 1/2 or Master
                      • 1-shot, loop and reverse playback modes
                      • 25mm faders to control level and trigger playback
                      • BPM lock indicator and backlit sample buttons
                      • Footswitch option controls both sample banks
                      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.