X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Sharam (of deep dish) last night

sharam, of deep dish fame, was in our little city last night, and he absolutely killed the place. there were 1200-1400 people in attendance, in a club that is used to seeing more like 800-900, which meant the dancefloor was *packed*. but everyone was having fun, and it did thin out a bit as the night when on.

our own luke morrison was the opener, playing till about 11pm. all accounts say he was fantastic as usual (i couldnt make it in time to see him play). next on was dean coleman, who i'd never seen before. he was brilliant, played a really nice mix of melodic and darker stuff.

sharam came on sometime around midnight. first few tracks were rather slow, especially considering the stuff coleman was finishing with, but he slowly picked up the tempo after that. he played a few tracks i recognized, but most of it was new to me. a remix of driving to heaven (in one of the videos i posted) as well as a pretty decent remix of 'talk' by coldplay.

needless to say, if you get a chance to see him on this tour, dont pass it up. dubfire was in vancouver last night as well, if anyone from there wants to share on how he was...

sharam (dont ask about the chic in the yellow shirt, i have no idea either...)

luke morrison and dean coleman having a word as dean went on

the rowdy as hell crowd

videos (sorry two of 'em are dark as hell, my camera's recording settings were being difficult)

• I_Get_Radical
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

Re: Sharam (of deep dish) last night

Agreed. Last night was a fantastic night out. Definitely worth the trip up! Got a little scared around 1:30 when Sharam just ran off for 10 minutes. Didn't think he was going to come back to play.

That remix of 'Driving To Heaven' was ridiculous. By far my favorite of the night, all though that remix of 'Dreams' the 2nd time around was pretty good too. The remix of 'Talk' was either the one by Steve Porter, or the new Junkie XL Remix. Regardless, deadly stuff.

Thanks for the pictures and video's. I took my camera up, only to have the batteries die on the first video I took. Nice to have some more recollection of the evening.
    Last edited by I_Get_Radical; January 22, 2006, 10:28:22 PM.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

Sharam and Dean Coleman...awesome!
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

nice job....thanks for the vids

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
          sharam (dont ask about the chic in the yellow shirt, i have no idea either...)

gotta ask anyways... what is that slut doing on the cell phone? like she can hear anything...

she certainly is pimped out in her new york gear.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• neoee
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I missed Sharam last time he was here. Everyone said it was one of the best shows we've ever had. The time before that he was shit. Anyways Dubfire is here tonight and I'm heading down to check him out. I'll try to give a review.
            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• miss_catness
              Getting warmed up
              • Nov 2005

garrick- dude, i am that slut on the cell phone, and i'm gonna bust a cap in ur ass for saying that shit yo

hah, just kidding- i actually was at this show, didn't see the gangsta ho in attendance.... it was an amazing show *big smile*

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

would've been funnier without the just kidding

Comment

• Luke
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

I think Jeff summed it up quite nicely - Coleman & Sharam both played superbly and it was an electric room.

PS regarding the "cell phone slut", I think I can help you out there. While dancing to Sharam it occured to her how moral conduct contributes to the good life for human agents, and that she should read Eudemian Ethics by Aristotle again when she got home that night. Of course, she was just leaving herself a voice memo to remind her of this as seen in the above photo.
                  http://www.lukemorrison.com/

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                    • Jun 2004

Wow you guys have chicks on the dancefloor at a prog night!
                    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

nice he is coming here soon

<3 you jeff, i miss you !
                      "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• CND
                        Addiction started
                        • Jan 2006

Deep Dish are so hit and miss.

Have seem them together and solo several times and they have been anywhere from totally tuned in to so bland I split early.

Glad you caught them on a good night. Lets hope it's the start to many more.

The only guarantee is that they do bring out the crowds.

Comment

• I_Get_Radical
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Sep 2004

^ I think out of the two of them, on solo nights, Sharamalamtramadingdong gets the nod for the better party. When they play together, that's the ultimate. Caught them two years ago in Toronto for Labour of Love. Needless to say, i've been hard pressed to take in a better night of music and dancing.

This is a picture Cat took at the end of the night. So awesome.

Comment

• miss_catness
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Nov 2005

^^ ah yes, i remember taking that pic *sigh*- such a great vibe going on at this show, i wish i had gotten video of sharam dancing... that was super cute

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

ok, we officially need to do a MS alberta meetup. danny howells is in etown soon...that sounds like a good a time as any.

Comment

Working...