• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Oh come on

Originally posted by Yao
    And what you said about different administrations having different allies: that is nothing new, but simply the reason how you can end up fighting an enemy to whom you've sold your own weapons in the first place.
    You know, if we're going to sell arms to other countries, we ought to see to it that there is something in there -- at least on the serious weapons -- that would prohibit it from being used against us. Imagine if missles had some sort of jamming mechanism that would prevent it from targeting something that was emitting a frequency that changes on a rotating basis, and then we could see to it that any of our engaged planes, tanks, ships, and camps were emitting that frequency.

I'm not rocket scientist and I don't purport to have a clue as to how it would actually work, but it seems reasonable to me that, since we can create a missle that can hit a dime from 2000 miles away, we can probably come up with a way to avoid having this shit used against us.

Surely it's not that simple, though. Just talking out of my ass here...

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

deactivation code...it is possible, but at the same time they will find technologies to unlock that shit again. It would prolly become a cat & mouse game
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

^^yeah, I know this isn't a revolutionary concept, and I'm sure if it were just as easy as I've suggested, someone would have done it by now.

Comment

• Localizer
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by superdave
          Let's try to think about the possiblities and overlook some of the negativity for just a moment.

Can you imagine a Middle East with little or no terrorism and stability with free people in Afghanistan,Iraq and Iran? A peaceful existence between Israel and Palestine.

Maybe, we'll look back on this time and say that was a tough time for the world, but it all worked out in the end.
          It's easy to look at the world that way, but in reality, that's far from happening and it keeps becoming farther and farther of a reality with the current administration and choices of the American people. If we, the people of the United States, want to make a change, we have to first stop listening to our government and start listening to what the people of those countries want. If we want them to be 'grown up' then we need to treat them like 'grown ups' and not 'babysitters'.
          Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
          -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...