• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Hamas appears to have won. . .

. . .majority in parliament
    Unofficial results in the elections for the Palestinian Legislative Council indicate a crushing victory for Hamas, which seems to have garnered an absolute parliamentary majority after winning in almost every constituency in the vote.

The unconfirmed results show that Hamas has captured almost all of the 16 constituencies in the West Bank and Gaza, in particular the Jerusalem district, where Hamas won all four seats allocated for Muslims. Two seats are also reserved for Christian delegates in Jerusalem.

So, should Israel negotiate with a terrorist state or not?
    Yes
    52.94%
    No
    41.18%
    Who cares
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

• Balanc3
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hamas appears to have won. . .

Palestinian legislator Hanan Ashrawi, who apparently was re-elected on a moderate platform, said the Hamas victory was a dramatic turning point. She said she is concerned the militants will now impose their fundamentalist social agenda and lead the Palestinians into international isolation.
    No and neither should the US. But if we don't there will be instability.

I have a problem when they parade in the streets with coffins draped in US flags, carrying RPGs, etc.

They've been known to recruit children, young boys to become martyrs and fight for them. just sick
    JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

i always wondered why someone didnt bomb said parades. perfect target imo.
      i say who cares, not out of lack of symapthy. but moreso out of hope for the idea that maybe if palestine becomes self governing, and realizes that isreal's destruction wont happen, then maybe, just maybe, they will stop attacking and at least have a stalemate.
      PS

dave check iout my question post plz. its an honest question i want to hear from you on.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Conditional yes. If Hamas fucks up, there can be no talking anymore IMO. It's up to Hamas to show where they stand now, not Israel...
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• davetlv
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
          Conditional yes. If Hamas fucks up, there can be no talking anymore IMO. It's up to Hamas to show where they stand now, not Israel...
          Read this Yao. . .

Originally posted by Hamas Charter
          Hamas Charter

Part III - Strategies and Methods

Article Eleven: The Strategy of Hamas: Palestine is an Islamic Waqf
          The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine has been an Islamic Waqf throughout the generations and until the Day of Resurrection, no one can renounce it or part of it, or abandon it or part of it. No Arab country nor the aggregate of all Arab countries, and no Arab King or President nor all of them in the aggregate, have that right, nor has that right any organization or the aggregate of all organizations, be they Palestinian or Arab, because Palestine is an Islamic Waqf throughout all generations and to the Day of Resurrection. Who can presume to speak for all Islamic Generations to the Day of Resurrection? This is the status [of the land] in Islamic Shari'a, and it is similar to all lands conquered by Islam by force, and made thereby Waqf lands upon their conquest, for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection. This [norm] has prevailed since the commanders of the Muslim armies completed the conquest of Syria and Iraq, and they asked the Caliph of Muslims, ?Umar Ibn al-Khattab, for his view of the conquered land, whether it should be partitioned between the troops or left in the possession of its population, or otherwise. Following discussions and consultations between the Caliph of Islam, ?Umar Ibn al-Khattab, and the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, be peace and prayer upon him, they decided that the land should remain in the hands of its owners to benefit from it and from its wealth; but the control of the land and the land itself ought to be endowed as a Waqf [in perpetuity] for all generations of Muslims until the Day of Resurrection. The ownership of the land by its owners is only one of usufruct, and this Waqf will endure as long as Heaven and earth last. Any demarche in violation of this law of Islam, with regard to Palestine, is baseless and reflects on its perpetrators.

Article Thirteen: Peaceful Solutions, [Peace] Initiatives and International Conferences
          [Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement. For renouncing any part of Palestine means renouncing part of the religion; the nationalism of the Islamic Resistance Movement is part of its faith, the movement educates its members to adhere to its principles and to raise the banner of Allah over their homeland as they fight their Jihad: ?Allah is the all-powerful, but most people are not aware.? From time to time a clamoring is voiced, to hold an International Conference in search for a solution to the problem. Some accept the idea, others reject it, for one reason or another, demanding the implementation of this or that condition, as a prerequisite for agreeing to convene the Conference or for participating in it. But the Islamic Resistance Movement, which is aware of the [prospective] parties to this conference, and of their past and present positions towards the problems of the Muslims, does not believe that those conferences are capable of responding to demands, or of restoring rights or doing justice to the oppressed. Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the nonbelievers as arbitrators in the lands of Islam. Since when did the Unbelievers do justice to the Believers? ?And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah [himself] is the Guidance. And if you should follow their desires after the knowledge which has come unto thee, then you would have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper.? Sura 2 (the Cow), verse 120 There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. The initiatives, proposals and International Conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility. The Palestinian people are too noble to have their future, their right and their destiny submitted to a vain game. As the hadith has it: ?The people of Syria are Allah's whip on this land; He takes revenge by their intermediary from whoever he wished among his worshipers. The Hypocrites among them are forbidden from vanquishing the true believers, and they will die in anxiety and sorrow.? (Told by Tabarani, who is traceable in ascending order of traditionaries to Muhammad, and by Ahmed whose chain of transmission is incomplete. But it is bound to be a true hadith, for both story tellers are reliable. Allah knows best.)
          I think they have shown where they stand thanks!

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Then pack your shit

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Kobe
              I wish I had an interesting User title
              • Jun 2004

I'm always for a peaceful resolution to any problem. Now that doesn't look likely in this case, but to not try is unacceptable. And the alternative is simply not good for anyone.

Things are REALLY heating up in the middle east right now, it's looking worse and worse every day.
              Last edited by Kobe; January 27, 2006, 12:56:11 AM.
              Beats are my crack.

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

yes , heating up is a good term.

the more violent and forceful ideals of the islamic nations peoples are coming through, not to mention someone telling the UN to fuck off and going for nuclear power, well, its gonna get worse before it gets good.

Comment

• toasty
                  Sir Toastiness
                  • Jun 2004

really tough question, I honestly don't know. I fear that nothing good can come from this, though...

Comment

• thesightless
                    • Jun 2004

god, what an ass. i wanna meet her. i have many leather bound books.

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                      god, what an ass. i wanna meet her. i have many leather bound books.

Comment

• Balanc3
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

On 15 December, Khaled Meshaal, the Hamas political chief said during a visit to the Iranian capital that his group would step up attacks against Israel if the Jewish state took military action against Iran over its disputed nuclear programme.

"Just as Islamic Iran defends the rights of the Palestinians, we defend the rights of Islamic Iran. We are part of a united front against the enemies of Islam," Meshaal said during the visit.

"Each member of this front defends itself with its own means in its region. We carry the battle in Palestine. If Israel launches an attack against Iran, we will expand the battlefield in Palestine," he said.
                        News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.
                        JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• srbbnd
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2005

Just shows democracy in work...Hey George Bush got ellected so whats so bad about Hamas?
                          www.bestfilmsofthe20thcentury.com/

www.forwardthinkingproduction.com/

Comment

• Yao
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

That is by far the funniest remark on this whole thing!

Comment

• Scarface
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jan 2006

Hamas=terroristic organization!! This is not Islam, they don`t even know what islam is all about. Anyways, problem is that the territory of israel is among only arabic(islamic, not only islamistic) states. Israel=jewish, so this doesn`t really fit. If Israel wasn`t protected by the states and europe, there wouldn`t be Israel any more!! Main problem is that both sides are acting wrong, Palestine because of terror and israel cause they are too sensitive. Arabic states should accept Israel and israel should stop crying all the time(f.i. there´s no legitimation for israel to attack iran if they build a nuclear bomb, cause they didn`t attack israel with it yet, and i think they won`t( scared about the states)). Make love not war!!

Comment

Working...