• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batica
    Getting warmed up
    • Oct 2005

Azumi

Hi guys,

my frist thread in this forum hehe. Anybody into asian mortial, sf/ kungfu movies? I am going to a movie by Nagasaki Sunhushi tomorrow. Also, i recently saw Azumi...a japanese movie..and it rocked my boat!
    The asian girls in action..kungfu...not such a great group of actors,but the theme, and the fighting scenes are awsome!

Do check it if you can.

Cheers,

Marinko, Rotterdam
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Azumi

I just caught this last night and it was awesome. I agree the acting was missing something, but the movie seemed to be a low-budget film to begin with. With so much nonsense slaughtering and blood in this movie, I felt like I was watching a video game. Any movie that shows an 18-year-old girl kill 200+ dudes in a single fight scene with only a sword is a top notch movie in my book. Definitely recommended for anybody that can look past the ok-at-best acting. 5 pickles for a fun flick

Orphaned as a little girl, Azumi (Aya Ueto) is raised in the forest with a group of ten children by their master (Yoshio Harada), who trains them to be peerless assassins. Azumi and Nachi (Shun Oguri) are the strongest of the fighters. When the group comes of age, they are brought out of the woods to begin their work, assassinating the corrupt warlords who are preventing peace in the land. The assassins, particularly Azumi, perform their missions with flair, but complications arise and Azumi begins to question her desire to live the violent life of an assassin. Azumi, based on the manga by Yu Koyama, is the first of cult director Ryuhei Kitamura's (Versus) films to be made within the Japanese studio system. It was shown at the 2004 New York Asian Film Festival, presented by Subway Cinema. ~ Josh Ralske, All Movie Guide
    Last edited by picklemonkey; December 18, 2006, 12:50:42 PM.

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

Re: Azumi

has nobody else seen this? sad.

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

Haven't. You recommend?

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

very. halfway decent acting but extremely fun story

Comment

• Lorn
            Looking for a title!
            • Sep 2004

I will check it out. Thanks.

Comment

• phil
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              has nobody else seen this? sad.
              A co-worker loaned me his copy back in the summer of '05 and I really enjoyed the movie. Some of the cinematic shots in the forest are amazing! Great fight sequences and overall a movie worthy of any action/asian cinema fan to check out.

Has anyone seen the sequel?

Providing Aural Satisfaction

Comment

Working...