X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreks
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re:: sanders hot mix

so what he's able to play different genres? there are myriads of djs having an edge over their counterparties in perfecting technique - just have a look at zabiela's enchantment.
    but it doesn't go round to - pararelly the second dimension exists I mean making people feel the spirit of music and moreover so called programming sander mixes such far-flung tunes I just can't stand it anymore. it ranges from sweet westcoast house to austere proggy made by teenagers.
    where is the fucking awful sander who made me dried up in 2001 with his amazing EM of the year and subsequent CD mix? is sander really SERIOUSLY TWISTED? nevermind. someone will soon substitute for him.

Comment

• YO75
      Gold Gabber
      • Jul 2004

David Guetta 'The World Is Mine (Deep Dish Mix)' (Virgin)

Haven't heard much on this track? Any comments and what its actually like
      " I knew I was going to kick it - I've been kicking them all week "

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
        Originally posted by chuckc
        FUCK SANDER...

HE SUX
        woooo! easy brother! if u don't like him don't comment. this thread is for sander likers not haters fuck stick... people like u piss me off
        i like sander, a lot of others like sander. I know it is hard for u to wrap your little pea brain around that. but get used to it because everytime sander does something i will mention it. people like u (shallow minded) suck
        First of all your showing you ignorance....I have more Sander Sets than any other Dj.....so I used to be his biggest fan.

from 2000 till about 2003 give or take he was really a damn good dj...

NOw to the part you seem to not realize...The last few years he completly blows...I have not heard one mix from him lately that I could make it all the way through. If they had a vote for worst DJ of the year....he would definatly be on my list. Sander needs a wake up call if he is ever going to get to the point where he once was in his carreer...

People like you that like the crap that he has been playing lately are not going to help him realize that he has lost it.....

I need more people to join my side and get Sander to wake up and start playing better music. Otherwise he gets my vote for DJ who went from the top to bottom in a matter of weeks.

Comment

• mingus51
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Sasha dropped the Sander K remix of N.E.R.D's "maybe" at Pacha for the Renaissance opening.

I liked the production, but it didn't fit the set. I missed Sander the following night at Pacha, but heard it was good. Friends said Tong was a bit off, but Sander K delivered.

Comment

• LV-8
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I don't think Sander sucks at all. He's just tossed the prog DJ sound for more of that party DJ music, which is fine but I want the Sander who threw down that Nubreed or his first E-mix.

Comment

• nvs
              Getting warmed up
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
              Man, the Sander K hate has got to stop. Some of the things I have seen expressed on this board about him makes me think that he is a trance dj.

Just to be clear on this, Sander K is a very talented dj and producer, he may just be going through the aftermath of blowing up over the last couple of years.
              true! i hope he's not becoming such a commercial (trance) dj, that would be fucked up
              yes he's been playing/remixing a lot of commercial (pop) tracks. he doesn't have to go that way, it could be less.

still, he's my no1 dj
              #1 Sander Kleinenberg/Sasha/Deep Dish
              #2 James Holden/Matthew Dekay/Satoshi Tomiie/Danny Howells
              #3 James Zabiela/Lucien Foort/Hybrid

THIS ONE DEFINES PROGRESSIVE HOUSE: SASHA & SANDER KLEINENBERG LIVE @ KISS 100 (NYE 2002) 31-12-'01
              slsk: NVS

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

supposedly sander is coming out with a bunch of original tracks. He said he was doing all those remixes of songs because he was to busy on the road all the time. I agree his style has def. changed in the last 2 years but he seems to enjoy playing those tracks. When I saw him in June in montreal he jumping around and having a great time. I enjoyed it. I think this new cd "everybody 2" will either silence the critics about them wanting the old sander or will make it a whole lot worse. I think it will be good. He keeps promoting one track off the cd John Fugler "fluke" he said he's really excited about dropping this track in a club. So if he's excited, i'm excited.

Comment

• the sun the sea
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

i thought this thread was about his hot mix and not whether he's a good/bad dj (?).

btw, he's a good dj. if you don't like his style, then don't listen to him. just move onto something else.
                  download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• rubyraks
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by LV-8
                    I don't think Sander sucks at all. He's just tossed the prog DJ sound for more of that party DJ music, which is fine but I want the Sander who threw down that Nubreed or his first E-mix.
                    You've said it the best. Sander's enjoyed his shift from the deep and dark to a more lively party-oriented sound. He's also gotten quite a bit dirtier (which I love). And yes, his e-mix and nubreed were brilliant and they take you on a journey, but he's been looking for a new flavor that better suits him when he plays out. From what I've seen and heard, it suits him well and I've had a blast both times I've seen him over the last year or so.

The only thing I can't understand is why he can't find a way to do both...
                    "Work like you don't need the money.
                    Love like you've never been hurt.
                    Dance like nobody's watching.
                    Sing like nobody's listening.
                    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• james sound
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                      FUCK SANDER...

HE SUX
                      woooo! easy brother! if u don't like him don't comment. this thread is for sander likers not haters fuck stick... people like u piss me off
                      i like sander, a lot of others like sander. I know it is hard for u to wrap your little pea brain around that. but get used to it because everytime sander does something i will mention it. people like u (shallow minded) suck
                      First of all your showing you ignorance....I have more Sander Sets than any other Dj.....so I used to be his biggest fan.

from 2000 till about 2003 give or take he was really a damn good dj...

NOw to the part you seem to not realize...The last few years he completly blows...I have not heard one mix from him lately that I could make it all the way through. If they had a vote for worst DJ of the year....he would definatly be on my list. Sander needs a wake up call if he is ever going to get to the point where he once was in his carreer...

People like you that like the crap that he has been playing lately are not going to help him realize that he has lost it.....

I need more people to join my side and get Sander to wake up and start playing better music. Otherwise he gets my vote for DJ who went from the top to bottom in a matter of weeks.
                      im curious what is "better music" to you? and have you seen him live? he absolutely blew me away live.

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Better Music is songs that sound good to the ear...not garbage like outkast

Yes I have scene him live many times......The last time I saw him was in Orlando and (for Sander) he actually played ok....but absolutely nothing like he used to be back in the day. You can call it syle change or whaterver...

imo....it is crappy music...his glastonberry set was garbage....

I am done arguing this, I truly belive that he is not that great of a dj anymore..

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by james sound
                          any fucking dj can spin 9 minutes of bog standard prog fodder with some monk wailing his lungs every 16 beats, on top of some "atmospheric pads and wooshy tinkering synths". please... if i wanted to contemplate about zen buddhism or some other bullshit i would listen to that
                          I'll take "prog fodder" over cheez ass shit anyday. M.J. WHAT THE FCUK! Please.... If Diggers himself started playing crap like that, I'd say something.

Comment

• james sound
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

imo....it is crappy music...his glastonberry set was garbage....
                            you cant stand house can you? i like how when sander changes up his style to more housey groovin feel u guys deny him its fucking hilarious.

daft punk / burnin up.. know your roots

Comment

• james sound
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                              Originally posted by james sound
                              any fucking dj can spin 9 minutes of bog standard prog fodder with some monk wailing his lungs every 16 beats, on top of some "atmospheric pads and wooshy tinkering synths". please... if i wanted to contemplate about zen buddhism or some other bullshit i would listen to that
                              I'll take "prog fodder" over cheez ass shit anyday. M.J. WHAT THE FCUK! Please.... If Diggers himself started playing crap like that, I'd say something.
                              the mix into mj was fucking original and it sounded badass...
                              cmon man your telling me when u were listening to his set you werent even tapping your foot? wtf are you a robot? sure we all have different tastes but when i listen to sander i just wanna get on up and dance...

i think some people forgot the meaning of going to see a dj.. its about loosing yourself and dancing

completely filled the mood of cafe mambo... he can play off moods very well imo..

Originally posted by rubyraks
                              You've said it the best. Sander's enjoyed his shift from the deep and dark to a more lively party-oriented sound. He's also gotten quite a bit dirtier (which I love).
                              exactly!

Comment

• hulkhuss
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

deep and dark sander was the best
                                his jjj set from gatecrasher is classic
                                http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

Working...