X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregWhelan
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Stephen King-The Dark Tower

Finally finished volume 7 of this yestreday - I read the last 3 novels over the past 5 weeks.

What can I say? Amazing set of stories, and a fitting end to the story in volume 7 (I won't spoil it)

I understand that many people thought the end was a bit lame? Does any disagree?
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

Re: Stephen King-The Dark Tower

absolutely brilliant series, id like to go back and re-read the entire series sometime in the near future. I thought the ending was lame as fuck, let me explain why...

SPOILER ALERT*!!!!

the whole progression of things made it seem like there would be this huge battle and huge climax to things when he reached the dark tower. Instead i feel steven king took a VERY cheap way out of things not even having roland battle the crimson king. Its kind of hard for me to put it into words, but i hope you have some idea what im talking about

Comment

• GregWhelan
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Yeah I kind of see what you mean, I was about 30 pages from the end thinking 'erm....it doesnt feel like I'm anywhere near a BIG ending'.

I thought the concept of the ending was good though, however I think the next time I read them all again I will look on the stories differently.

I think maybe King had to take the way out that he did because the project was so huge, so convoluted that he maybe didnt know how to tie it all up?

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

I can't believe that we still don't have a books subforum.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• GregWhelan
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

^ I asked tom tom a couple of months ago and he said there wasnt enough interest? (could have been chem I asked?)

Comment

• anonin
            Juvenile Delinquent
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by GregWhelan
            Yeah I kind of see what you mean, I was about 30 pages from the end thinking 'erm....it doesnt feel like I'm anywhere near a BIG ending'.

I thought the concept of the ending was good though, however I think the next time I read them all again I will look on the stories differently.

I think maybe King had to take the way out that he did because the project was so huge, so convoluted that he maybe didnt know how to tie it all up?
            same here, i was thinking the exact same thing when i was toward the end. Despite the shitty ending, i do agree with you that the concept of the end was good and important. kinda sad, to see it all end, but i guess thats ka

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
              ^ I asked tom tom a couple of months ago and he said there wasnt enough interest? (could have been chem I asked?)
              Yeah, I remember that. TBH it would just be more clutter, but I definitely think there's enough interest. Actually come to think of it we could have a books section and a fiction and nonfiction subforum. Hmmmm, now I'm starting to sound like Kamal.

Comment

• TomTom
                Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                • May 2002

Originally posted by skahound
                Yeah, I remember that. TBH it would just be more clutter, but I definitely think there's enough interest. Actually come to think of it we could have a books section and a fiction and nonfiction subforum. Hmmmm, now I'm starting to sound like Kamal.
                Skahound some time ago when this was brought into Moderator discussion:

Originally posted by skahound
                People regularly post about a book they're reading, etc. but I don't think there's enough demand to warrant a whole new forum.
                You are really like Kamal.

About those books: I have read part 1-3 but then stopped because further parts haven't been translated to German language. I must check them out again and if they still haven't been translated I must get my hands on the original versions...I can't remember a fucking thing so I have to re-read all books again though. I only can remember what a huge let down it was for me to read over 1000 of pages and to never know how it continued.
                Last edited by TomTom; January 30, 2006, 05:39:11 AM.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

stoned kraut imo

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                    Skahound some time ago when this was brought into Moderator discussion:

Do the words facetious and sarcastic not translate into German?

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

No (*whistling innocently)

Comment

• rubyraks
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

I felt that was really the only way to end those books. I personally loved it, a fiiting end to an amazingly thrilling series.
                        "Work like you don't need the money.
                        Love like you've never been hurt.
                        Dance like nobody's watching.
                        Sing like nobody's listening.
                        Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • May 2005

Anyone seen this?

also this
                          DominoQQ adalah jenis permainan judi kartu dimana menggunakan kartu domino sebagai media bermainnya, di platfrom resmi pkv games terbaik dan terpercaya. Dalam permainan ini, pemain bertaruh untuk memenangkan pot dengan kombinasi kartu terbaik yang mereka miliki. Setiap pemain diberikan sejumlah kartu domino dan harus mengkombinasikan kartu-kartu tersebut untuk mencapai nilai tertinggi agar dapat memenangkan taruhan.
                          Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            Double hoodie beer monster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom

Comment

• useyurbrain
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jul 2005

always wanted to get into this.. just dont have the time.. is it a true fantasy series ala lord of the rings?

Comment

Working...